Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 Months of Lil: Such a Sweetheart

..........
Our precious LilliAnn is 2 months old and in the words of her daddy, "she's such a sweetheart." I want to share a story with you that really portrays a father's love. This past weekend we went to a wedding reception and most of the people there were old friends from high school. I looked around and thought it was kind of weird - the people that I always knew would end up together, and others that I wondered how they got where they are today. It's funny how back when I was younger I never thought that our children would one day grow up together...just like we did. As I was going to get a drink I walked behind Jeb talking to a group of his high school buddies and I overheard him say, "she's such a sweetheart." I stopped right there. Being careful not to let him see me, I leaned in a little closer to hear more of the conversation. I felt like I was in high school again - the jealous girlfriend - listening to the guys talk about babes. I thought to myself, "who is such a sweetheart?" Me? A girlfriend I don't know about? I was SO curious about this conversation! He went on to say, "She's everything I ever wanted. Just precious - she's my girl." And then I heard it. "LilliAnn is twice the baby Reid was." My heart melted right there! My, how times have changed! Here's Jeb, standing with a group of guys, having a beer, and telling them how perfect his new baby girl is. Wow, now that's true love! She definitely already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. 
..........
..........
When Jeb said that LilliAnn was "twice the baby Reid was," I think what he meant was that we are "twice the parents" we were with Reid. I think a little experience has made us just a little bit better with a new baby. I'm a little more laid back and Jeb's a little more particular about how things are done with the kids. LilliAnn is, however, less high-maintanence than Reid was and is a better sleeper - and more sleep makes everyone more happy! Reid was always so serious as a baby. We would try everything to make him smile and he wouldn't even smile in pictures - it was like he was trying to figure out what we were doing with that camera thing! His sister, on the other hand, is quite the little grinner. If she's not sleeping, it seems like she's smiling. She's such a happy baby and just grins so big whenever someone talks to her. She's even trying to have a "conversation" with you now and loves to talk back. She starts getting her mouth going and scrunches her eyebrows together and tries so hard until she finally gets some sounds out! And when it comes to eating, this girl doesn't miss a meal! She weighs over 12 pounds and has the cutest chubby legs. I always wanted a little baby with chubby legs! She's in the 75 percentile for her height and her weight - this is so different for me because Reid has always been in the 25-30 percentile for his weight and the 75-90 percentile for his height. I keep buying her clothes too small because Reid was in a 0-3 months for such a long time and Lil is already in a 6 month in some things! We're having so much fun dressing her up, but we've got to have more bows (although Jeb would probably disagree)! 
..........
Lil is such a sweet, laid-back baby and we're enjoying her more and more every day. We're already seeing her little personality come through - my mom thinks she's going to be very verbal, I think she's going to be a girly-girl (minus the drama)! We've already been practicing how to "shake it and shimmy!" I feel so blessed to have two beautiful children in my life and I'm looking forward to all the new milestones that are yet to come.
..........
LilliAnn Loves:
  • water - especially the bath
  • sitting on top of the dryer in her bouncy seat and sitting in the bathroom in her swing listening to the bath water run
  • being held
  • getting kisses
  • being rocked and swayed
  • being talked to and talking back
  • sleeping right next to mommy
  • riding the Ranger at the lake
  • being outside

..........
Talking to Aunt Lacee
.........
..........
..........
2 Months Old - Sleeping in her crib for the first time (she slept 5 hours without waking up)
..........
..........
Going out to eat at the Palmer Inn for Uncle Kassidy's 19th birthday
..........
..........
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment