Wednesday, May 15, 2013

a princess pose.

LilliAnn LOVES to play dress-up...actually, both of my kids do. Not a day goes by where I don't have a princess, Spider-Man, Captain America, a pirate, or a ballerina running through my house. LilliAnn is into make-up recently. And I mean REALLY into make-up. She sits at her vanity for the longest time trying different eye shadows and lip glosses. She usually tells me that she wants to be a "princess and a baby pusher" when she grows up, but today she told me that she want to be a lizard when she gets bigger. Weird.
A few weeks ago she dressed up like a princess (usually it is Cinderella, as this is her favorite princess) and she went all out with the gloves, purse, hair, make-up, and jewelry. I wanted to share a few pictures that I took of her royal highness! 
.....
.....
 .....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
I'm going to be honest. I have stressed and stressed, and fretted, and worried myself sick about her hair! It is actually getting long in the back, but the front is still very short. It really just does its own thing. I can fix it the same way, with the same products, every single day and it will look completely different from one day to the next. It's a bit curly, very fine, and beautifully blonde, so maybe it will just take it a little more time to thicken up. When I compare the pictures of this spring to last spring, the girl has definitely gotten some hair! She was still almost bald this time last year! Messy is sometimes beautiful, and I am trying to embrace this beautiful mess!  
.....
.....
 She was saying, "uh oh oh, oh oh, oh yeah...uh uh oh." 
.....
.....
 These poses! 
.....
 Time to touch-up the make-up!
.....
.....
.....
I'm soaking up every little bit of this stage...because dress-up and princess poses are a few of the things that I'm going to miss most when she grows up and becomes a "baby pusher." 

No comments:

Post a Comment