Sunday, May 9, 2021

Letter to My Birthday Baby Girl: 1 Year Old

.....
Darling Liv,

The moment I knew I was pregnant with you, I fell to my knees in the hallway outside of my bedroom and praised Jesus. I had been praying fervently for you, and those two pink lines meant that God was saying, "yes." The year before had been a tough one...a year of waiting, and praying, and wondering, after a traumatic miscarriage that shook me to my core. My mind told me that one more was too many and that I could't go through it again if I were to lose another baby, but my heart was telling me that God had other plans...you...our rainbow baby...God's promise fulfilled...the cherry on top...new life in our family...our Liv. 
.....
.....
Livi Mae McKenzie, you are the best communicator. I've known from the moment you were placed in my arms what you wanted and didn't want. You are a mama's girl through and through, and are attached to me at the hip. You love to nurse, you love to spend time with me, and you sleep on my chest or across my neck like a scarf...and I've loved every minute! I tell people that God made you extra clingy and not a good sleeper, so I would know that you for sure were the last one! You are high maintenance and a spit fire, and daddy says you're going to be just like your mama...a girl who knows what she wants and gets it! You are super social and love being around people. You wave and blow kisses to everyone in the grocery store, and you melt hearts with those baby blues and that blonde hair. Everyone says you need to be a model because you are such a beautiful baby!
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
I've enjoyed every single moment of your first year. I can hardly write this without crying because I don't want you to grow up. You are my last baby, and I wish I could keep you a baby forever. As the saying goes, it truly goes go by so fast. You love your brothers and sister so much, and we've all enjoyed watching your milestones and seeing you grow! 
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
My verse for you for your first year of life is your life verse: 

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
Psalm 52:8 

My biggest prayer is that you love Jesus with all of your heart, soul, and mind, and that he will be your Lord and Savior. 
.....
.
.....
Livi loves:
-Russell (our white lab)
-mam's milk
-baths
-tomatoes
-being outside
-swinging
-singing and dancing, especially singing "Happy Birthday" and "Puppy Dog Pals"
-climbing or being on top of the counter or kitchen island
-reading books, especially the musical Christmas book "Up on the Housetop"
-scribbling on paper
-playing with mommy's boobies, lol!
-playing in LaLa's room
-going to dance class
-riding the golf cart
-opening and closing doors
-watching Barney
-farm animals, really any animal! 
-jumping on the trampoline
-Dr. Pepper
-brushing her teeth
-riding in her stroller for walks
-birds
-night time snacking with mommy
-Bibs pacifiers
.....
.....
Somewhere over the rainbow, 
skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream 
Really do come true. 

The last night you were in the NICU, I got to spend the night with you and it was just the two of us. I held you all night and sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to you, and cried as I prayed and thanked Jesus for your precious life.

Happy 1st Birthday, Livi Mae!

Always and forever my baby and my dream come true...I love you.
Mama
.....
.....




No comments:

Post a Comment