Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Last weekend I went to Lake Texhoma to stay at the Tanglewood Resort and Spa for Logan Dearing's bachelorette party. Logan is getting married August 1st and I'm a bridesmaid in her wedding. Logan and I have known eachother since kindergarten and have been best friends since 4th grade. Her mom even switched her 4th grade teacher so she could be in the same homeroom class as Kari and I! Logan and I are still very close and I'm so excited to get to be part of her wedding. There were 17 girls who stayed in our condo and we had a blast! Most of the girls went down Friday, but since I had to work (and was the only one with a kid) I came down Saturday morning. When I walked into the condo their were girls sleeping everywhere...on beds, couches, the floor, air-mattresses, and Lizzy even slept in the giant round bathtub!
..........

Logan and I ready for some fun in the sun
..........
My toes...I always get my nails and toes done here in Shawnee at Nail Spa and for the past few years I've only gotten french manicure on my toes (I know, boring!). Since I was going to get a little wild and crazy I decided to do hot pink with a design (I know, so crazy right?)
..........
My very best friend Kari - also best friends since 4th grade
..........

Didn't Troy do good?
..........

Oh yeah, she's a bride!
..........

17 crazy girls on a bus...wow.
..........

All Smiles
..........

And yes, we rented her the biggest boat on Texhoma Lake...81 feet long!
Logan and I...2 Years Ago at my Bachelorette Party
..........

Countless memories...
..........

Bathing Beauties
..........
A little shout out video to the Bride

..........
Peace!
..........

Peace Out!
..........

Cassie is crazy!
..........

In the words of Linda Dearing...Get it girl!
..........

My life preserver is on
..........

Isn't she lovely?
..........

The Texas Wildlife Center boat came by and played a trivia game with us then made sure we knew that no one is WATERPROOF! We got lots of free stuff!

..........

Ok, no more white sunglasses!

..........

Girls Gone Wild
..........

Besties
..........

I really don't know what this pose was about
..........

The girls were laughing at me because I brought 2 different hats, 3 different pairs of sunglasses, and 2 different bathing suits on the boat...and I said, "Costume changes!"
..........

I love hats...
..........

Kari, Logan, & I
2 Years Ago at my Bachelorette Party
Kari, Logan, and I
..........

Kelli and Kari...the Green Goddesses

..........

The party begins...
..........

The kissy face begins
..........

I think these are food babies...or beer bellies???
..........
My cousin Mica getting a little crazy with her booty...

2 years ago at my Bachelorette Party...

Logan was doing the same thing!
..........

Ready for dinner
..........

This hot air balloon was outside our resort. I LOVE hot air balloons and riding in one is one my list of "things to do before I die." I think they are so romantic and it would be a dream come true to go up in a hot air balloom with the love of my life (hint hint...Jeb!).
..........

We had the most fabulous time on the girls weekend getaway and I can't wait to do it again. It is harder to do these things once you're a mother (especially when you're the only mother) because the entire time while everyone is talking about guys, or work, or clothes, I'm wondering if Reid's okay, if he's been fed, if he's acting ok. As a mother it kind of makes you feel guilty to go on little overnight trips like this, but at the same time I know it's good for Reid, Jeb, and me to get a little break and take time to relax and enjoy my friends. And yes, I'm blessed with wonderful, lifelong friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment