Sunday, September 5, 2010

Boomer Sooner!

Wait...I didn't even get into the games  this much when I was in college at OU!
Yesterday we went to Norman to meet up with Kassidy and go to the first OU football game of the season! It was an absolute blast! Granny Carol kept LilliAnn and Jeb's mom, Missy, kept Reid so we had a kid-free evening to enjoy the game. I didn't go to many OU games when I was in college because Jeb played football for East Central and I went to Ada every weekend to go to his games. I decided that since I didn't do the whole "OU football thing" then, that I might as well go all out and get this experience out of my system. Sooooo...I bought a cute little OU dress, put on my cowboy boots, and cheered for the Sooners! 
.....
First stop, Kass's dorm room...Isn't my mom just the cutest thing ever?
.....
Dad was so excited about his new red Polo! 
.....
He's so college!
.....
ok, so this is interesting...my dad (a life-long OSU fan) got us 4 season tickets this year to the OU games.  hmmmm, I think that Kassidy is the only person that could make dad do this! Dad said that since Kass is going to be too busy to come home and see us, that he had to buy tickets to the games to give us a reason to go up and see him.
.....
a little glimpse of Kass's dorm room - his room is a suite so they have their big TV, their desks, and a couch in the front room
.....
Kass lives in the athletic dorms which is perfect for game days! Here is the view from outside the door of his dorm room.
.....
Kass is rooming with one of his good friends from high school, Taylor Langley. They both pledged SAE and are having a blast! By the way, Kassidy is pledge class president!
.....
Family. Mom, Dad, Kass, & I
.....
Jeb and I in front of Kass's dorm
.....
Boomer! Pre-game and half-time are my favorite parts!
.....
Mom was SO into the game - she LOVES being all up in the Boomer Sooner atmosphere!
.....
.....
.....
Posing with my mama!
.....
We really enjoyed ourselves and had a wonderful evening! Thanks dad for our tickets!
.....
I really love this guy! Some people think that it would be hard to be close to your sibling if you are almost eight years apart, but Kass and I have such a great relationship. We've always been there for each other and I can always count on him. I'm so proud of all his accomplishments and I know that he's going to do great in his new life as a "college guy." Live it up Kass - these are some of the best days of your life!

.....
We're going to the game again next weekend so stay tuned for another OU post...Boomer Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment