Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meet the Flintstones!

.....
.....
It's that time of the year again...you know, when our family dresses up in some ridiculous costumes and I force my children into taking pictures right in the middle of a super fun Halloween party while all the other kids play and eat candy! This year we were...(drum roll)...THE FLINTSTONES! Ta da! Jeb was a little more stubborn this year about dressing up. He wanted to wear his jeans under his Fred costume! What?!?! "Absolutely not," I said. "You just don't have a choice." "Down to your underwear." Really...he  just didn't have a choice. We were hosting the party and we had to dress up. Plus, I had been stressing for two months over these costumes! I had the kids' handmade from a lady I found on Etsy. And so, he gave me that look and stripped down to his underwear as I smiled really big and handed over the "Fred dress." Then he gave me that look again, you know, the other look, and said, "well I'm going to need something to make me Yabba Dabba Doo. I think he was referring to an adult beverage, but I just ignored that comment and proceeded to spray his lovely blonde hair...black. Oh, how much I love my husband! I think he figures nothing could be as embarrassing as the engagement video we played at the beginning of our slideshow at our wedding where we are holding hands, looking lovingly into each other's eyes, and swinging one another around in a circle.  
.....
Let's just take a moment and look back at some Halloween's of the past. I would start with the Halloween that Jeb and I started dating during our senior year of high school. We used to go to my Aunt Glenda's house every Halloween to eat dinner and trick-or-treat around the "happening" neighborhood in Wewoka. I told Jeb that everyone would be dressed up and told him that we were going to be dairy cows. He said absolutely not, but because he loved me SO much I handed him the cow costume that had the utters and he reluctantly put it on. Here's the funny part...we were the only ones dressed up that night and my entire family was there! He sat on the front porch the entire night and pouted and I though he was going to be mad at me forever! But...he still married me! Wow...how I wish that I had pictures from that night. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for Jeb), I don't. Although there is a small amount of proof on a video somewhere in the bottom of the closet at my parent's house. I WILL find it one day :)
.....
Halloween 2005
Madonna & Mr. Potato Head (please ignore the beer can and the beer wall we were standing in front of - we were at some ECU football players' house at a college Halloween party...pre-parent days)
.....
Halloween 2006
The Incredibles (I'm almost positive this was Jeb's personal favorite!)
.....
Halloween 2008
Popeye, Olive Oyl, & Swee' Pea
.....
Halloween 2009
Crazy Clowns
.....
Although these aren't the perfect family pictures I had hoped for, they are really good considering the circumstances and ages of my children!
Halloween 2010
Fred, Wilma, Bam Bam, & Pebbles
.....
Reid was not in the mood for pictures...he was on a sugar high and more interested in running around with all the other kids.
.....
We gave Reid some candy to occupy him for the pictures. We ended up big a big chocolate mess!
.....
Bam Bam and Spiderman - notice how Bam Bam doesn't have his "club" in any of these pictures. This is for liability reasons...think about it :) It was a baseball taped to the end of a hammer stick that Kassidy had made in high school to work in his new baseball glove.
.....
I was so busy entertaining that I didn't get many pictures of our guests as I had wanted.
Here is Ashley, 1/3 of the rock star trio - Gonzales Family.
.....
.....
And then there were...FLYING PIGS! These were great! Wish I had a group photo to show you. (You'll see one if you click on the photography link at the end of this post)
.....
.....
He loved Aunt Glenda's Pumpkin Punch (it was really orange punch - but I thought Pumpkin Punch sounded better.)
.....
Out of his costume, but still going strong - notice the gatorade mustache.
.....
.....
Mica Mouse! Love this girl!
.....
.....
Mr. Cason was superman! (He had already taken his costume off at this point.)
.....
Alyssa was a beautiful fairy princess!
.....
Grayson was a ninja and Cadence was a superhero girl - once again, I took this picture after the costumes were already shucked!
.....
Aunt Lacee playing with Lil before the party.
.....
.....
.....
Aunt Johnna -wearing her "I bite" shirt.
.....
My mother, dressed up as her cute little self.
.....
A few of Bam Bam
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
And Pebbles...
.....
.....
.....
And together...
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
Just for (Fall) Fun!
.....
My little cowboy
.....
.....
Just pulling up everywhere!
.....
....
So once again, the annual Rollins' Halloween Party was a success! I liked having it at the lake this year and adding the hot dogs, smores, and the hayride (although I heard that the hayride got started a little too late and all the kids got scared). Thank you to everyone who came and to everyone who helped make our party such a fantastic event. A special thanks to Papa Glenn for setting up the hayride, Grandma Lucy for setting up the photo prop/display and for making the cupcakes, little smokies, and ham rolls and to Aunt Glenda for all the decorations, serving pieces, punch, and yummy cookies, my mom and dad for donating their lake house, and to Rachel Cleere for staying the entire time and capturing some great memories on her camera!
.....
To see more great pictures of the party click HERE to go to Rachel Cleere's photography website.
Click on "View Your Proofs" then "Portraits" then "Rollins Halloween 2010."

2 comments:

  1. Found your site while browsing through local blogs and I have to say your love of Halloween and costumes really shows! You and your family look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i searched images for BamBam and Pebbles and your family photo popped up. SO CUTE!!! your family halloween costumes are soooo creative. i was only planning on dressing up the kids but after seeing you guys all decked out i'm kinda inspired. lol. if only my husband was as good of a sport as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete