Sunday, October 21, 2012

29 and oh so fine! (What a cheesy title)

.....
Last week I turned the big 2-9. 29...seriously? So this is the last year of my twenties?! I don't know if I'm ready for this. 
Yesterday Jeb and I were talking about a guy that owns a business here and town and Jeb asks, "How old is he?" I replied, "He's a younger guy...probably 36 or 37." Jeb smiled and said, "Can you believe we're at the point in our life when that age is young?" 
.....
The actual day of my birthday we took Reid to see Batman Live at the Chesapeake Arena. He absolutely LOVED it! I was worried about it being too dark and scary, but it wasn't at all! The next night mom wanted to have a birthday dinner for me, so she cooked my two favorites - chicken & dumplings AND chicken enchiladas! She even got me this ADORABLE birthday cake from Cake Diva! Can you see LilliAnn's little fingerprints in the top? She couldn't wait to dig in! It was a small party with just the Ruckus, mom & dad, Granny Carol & Pop Buzz, and Suzanne & Billy.

.....
.....
.....
Ever since LilliAnn found out that my birthday was coming up, she has been saying that she wanted me to have a "Cinderella birthday!" She told me that she was going to be Cinderella and that she was going to get me a Cinderella toy. LilliAnn is really into princesses right now, and Cinderella is her current favorite. When she found out we were going to Nana's house for my party, she said, "but I weally need a Cinderella dress!" So on our way to mom's house we ran in K-Mart and came out with the full attire...tiara, shoes, and all! Now we were ready for my "Cinderella party!"
.....
.....
.....
I think she makes the perfect Cinderella!
.....
.....
I never need another birthday present because these two beautiful children are the best gifts I will ever receive!
.....
.....
Reid was all dressed up as Batman for my party, but decided to take his costume off to eat the cake!
.....
.....
Reid is really good at taking pictures now! He finally wants to be in pictures and asks me to take pictures of him. What a dream this is for his mama, who LOVES pictures!! He is getting so handsome and has really gotten tall in the past couple of months!
.....
I'm so proud to be his mama! 
.....
best. birthday. ever.
.....
Last weekend was my "big party." It was a fun, relaxing night with friends and most of the pictures are on my phone (so I won't add them to this post). Jeb was trying his hardest to plan a surprise party, but due to scheduling with the kids and other friends, he let me in on the secret. My mom took the kids to the lake on Friday night, so after a relaxing night's rest, we headed up to Bricktown to watch the OU/TX game at BRIX, a restaurant and sports lounge. It was so nice to get to spend some time with just Jeb and for us to get to let loose a little bit...you know, get to "be cool" and get out of our "parent pants" for a bit! After the game, we checked into the Renaissance and I found out that Jeb had a couples' massage booked for us! It was absolutely heavenly!! 
After the massage, Jeb went down to the bar to wait on some friends and I headed up to the room to get ready for dinner. In just a bit, my best friend showed up in my room with a glass of champagne and said, "Happy Birthday! This is from your husband. (big smile)." I finished getting ready and then I headed downstairs in my super cute, Jessica Simpson, black, one-shouldered dress, where a limo was waiting to take me and ten of my friends to dinner at Red PrimeSteak. After dinner and drinks, we made a stop at Michael Murphy's dueling piano bar (but we quickly left after the security manager showed us horrible customer service and tried to get in a fight with Jeb!) and then ended the night at Cowboys (the old Club Rodeo). It was a crazy, adventurous, drama-filled evening...but so much fun! Jeb and I ended the evening dancing the night away - which is what he does best! I couldn't have asked for better birthday celebrations!
.....
The Ruckus - a rare occasion when we are all smiling and looking at the camera! This is my life...my loves...my everything.
.....
As I move forward into my 29th year of life, I decided on a verse to meditate, pray about, and dedicate to this year of my life:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
-Philippians 4:6 
.....
So here's to 29...I can't wait to see what God has planned for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment