Monday, June 6, 2016

daughter of the King.

I'm a little emotional tonight, and tears roll down my cheeks as I think about how undeserving I am of this precious soul. As I stare at this picture, a familiar quote comes to my mind. I see a little girl who needs me to fill up her self-esteem bucket so high that the world will never be able to poke enough holes in it to drain it dry. I see a little girl who needs a mama who prays…a mama who prays fervently for the Lord to guide her words and her way as she raises a daughter of the King.
She's so different than me…which is the most wonderful thing and the most frustrating thing, all at the same time. A lot of the times I feel like I'm not saying the right things to her, or that I'm too quick to criticize. Being a mom is tough. And when life gets busy, you go to bed sometimes wondering if you held them enough, laughed with them enough, played with them enough, or prayed with them enough. And sometimes you're just so tired that you don't even think at all. But in the end, as long you're covering them in prayers and leading them towards the light of Jesus…I think the rest will just work itself out.
…..

No comments:

Post a Comment