Thursday, April 4, 2024

Letter to My Birthday Baby Boy: 10 Years Old


.....
My precious Rush, 

You are such a dream. You are kind, cautious, quiet, and you just go with the flow. You never ask for anything, you are always content, and you never want to be a bother. 
You're athletic and love all sports, and when it comes to anything competitive...football, basketball, wrestling, or boxing, you're super tough, aggressive, and intense. You have the cutest little grin and you are definitely your daddy's mini me...not only in how you look, but also in how you act and think! I used to love when you were a baby and before you started school, because I said I felt like I had a little clone of Jeb riding around with me all day! 
.....
.....

.....
You are also super intelligent. You're in third grade and reading on a 7.5 grade level, and you're doing 6th grade math. You're so responsible, and I've never had to tell you to do your homework. In the evenings, you get out your work, you sit down at our island, and you meticulously do your assignments all on your own. You always takes care of business and I love that about you! 
Reid is our music lover, but you are our movie buff! You love watching the classics or any iconic, memorable movie that we mention. 
Your all time favorite is The Lion King. 🦁 
.....
.....

.....
We all think it's funny that you sleep in a different room every night. We say that Rush plays "musical beds." We never know where you're going to wake up in the morning because you sleep somewhere different every night, lol! 
We call you "sportscenter" because you know a crazy amount of NBA stats, even about players way before your time. 
If you're not outside playing football or basketball, we'll catch you playing XBOX or collecting basketball cards. You love Jesus, and have always been our kid who asks a lot of theological questions and has shown a lot of curiosity in learning about the Bible. 
.....

.....
Rush loves:
•watching movies 
•XBOX
•football, basketball, and wrestling
•whistling 
•crêpes 
•Chick-Fil-A
•root beer
•Titan, Fisher, and Tate
•taking baths 
•anything about the NBA; especially the Thunder
.....

.....

.....
Rushton Jeb, I dreamed about you and knew exactly what you were going to look like before you were even born. You've been ours for a decade, but I feel like I've known you forever. 

Bible verse I've chosen for you this year...

In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence. 
Proverbs 14:26

I pray that you will be confident in yourself because of who the Lord is in you. Your identity is found in Him, and he gives you confidence and strength. 
Trust the Lord and His guidance, and have confidence in yourself...

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 
.....

.....
Happy 10th Birthday to Rush! 💙🧡

I adore you and thank the Lord for you single day. 

Always and forever, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment