Wednesday, May 11, 2011

If I didn't have kids...

If I didn't have kids...
I'd be in Tahiti in one of those little huts out in the water...getting some sun, relaxing, and enjoying a romantic vacation with my husband. If I didn't have kids, I'd read all the best-sellers. I'd travel to Paris, and Rome, and Greece. If I didn't have kids I'd take a cooking class. I'd learn to bake, and garden, and fish. If I didn't have kids I'd have a clean house, a clean car, and maybe even some clean clothes! I'd have at least four extra hours in the day that weren't spend picking up after little ones. If I didn't have kids I'd be tan and toned. I'd have a tummy without a scar and I'd have perky breasts. If I didn't have kids I could watch whatever I wanted. Nick Jr wouldn't always be on my t.v. I'd listen to XM radio every time I got in my car and I'd jam out to classic rock every chance that I got. If I didn't have kids I'd take a looooong bath every night...alone. I'd get a good night's rest every single night and wouldn't have a backache every day from nursing a baby all night long. If I didn't have kids, I'd lay in bed every night and watch movies while cuddling with my husband. If I didn't have kids I'd have more pairs of designer jeans. I'd have expensive make-up and a little bit of Botox. I'd have three feathers in my hair, instead of just one. If I didn't have kids, I'd get weekly pedicures, and weekly massages, and facials and such. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't hear, "mom, watch this," 476 times a day. I wouldn't have 10 loads of laundry a day and I wouldn't have crumbs all in my bed. If I didn't have kids I'd work-out every day and have a bikini body the rivaled Sports Illustrated. I'd run into the grocery store in 5 minutes flat and never have to go to Walmart for diapers or wipes. If I didn't have kids, I'd have a lot less wrinkles. I wouldn't worry about immunizations, too much juice, too much  t.v., or learning how to count. Organic baby food wouldn't occupy half of my pantry and broccocli wouldn't be something I would force myself to eat. If I didn't have kids, my life would be calm...well, probably not really...but at least a lot calmer.


But...if I didn't have kids...
Something sweet would be missing. My life would seem normal and I would get bored. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't know how to talk like Curious George. I wouldn't realize how much I love Dr. Seuss. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't know the joy of "I wuv you, mommy" or "you're my best bud." If I didn't have kids I wouldn't know I get teary, from singing Barney's "I Love You." If I didn't have kids I wouldn't know that my heart would hold so much love, and pride, and joy. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't get to see my husband, with tears in his eyes, hold his son for the first time. I wouldn't know the anticipation holding my newborn or hear my husband say in awe, "oh my gosh, KelliAnn," when he first saw his face. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't know it was a big deal to watch your son hit a baseball for the very first time. If I didn't have kids, I'd lose sight of the small things. I wouldn't notice the moon, or the clouds, or a bug. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't laugh 476 times a day. And I wouldn't how how cute toothless grins can be. If I didn't kids I wouldn't know the closeness of nursing my child from my gentle breast. I wouldn't feel the emotion of a breastfeeding mother and would never know the bond we shared as she stared at my face. If I didn't have kids I'd forget little things, like how sticking out my tongue could make children laugh. If I didn't have children I would never know how a miniature hug and snuggle could cure a bad day. I would never know that I could have so much pride when one little baby took her first steps my way. If I didn't have kids, I'd miss all the good shows, like Sesame Street, Dora, Barney, and such. I'd forget how much better I feel when I eat my veggies and how much more energy I have when I take my vitamins. If I didn't have kids I'd miss out on bedtime. I'd forget how storytelling and splashing in bath tubs could be so much fun. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't be "that mom." And I wouldn't get nervous and stressed at wee ball games! If I didn't have kids, then I wouldn't pretend. Tea parties and sword fights would be a thing of my past. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't get flowers that were picked out especially and just for me. If I didn't have kids, I'd never reach my potential and be the person that I was meant to be. I wouldn't strive as hard to be better and stronger, and grow deeper in my walk with Christ, you see. So I'm really glad I can say I have kids, because it is my kids who have really saved me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment