Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's off to Neverland! {Halloween 2011}

Halloween was so enjoyable this year! We didn't have our usual "Rollins Family Halloween Blast," but it was still a great time! After chairing the Junior Service League pumpkin project, I was sooooo exhausted that I decided against the annual Halloween party. We spent the weekend before Halloween out at the lake. My dad picked up some pumpkins on the way out for the kids to carve, and of course, Reid couldn't wait!
.....
LilliAnn in her Halloween jammies
.....
I LOVE this picture of her!
.....
She was much more interested in cleaning the pumpkin, rather than carving the pumpkin!
.....
Pumpkins with Papa!
.....
.....
Pumpkin guts! Eeeewwwww!
.....
.....
"But I wanna help too!!"
.....
"You're too little, sissy!"
.....
Our finished product...this is the face that Reid picked out. My dad cleaned out the pumpkin and I carved this lovely face!
.....
Our Jack-O-Lantern!
.....
They were so proud!
.....
.....
.....
Monday was Halloween and Trick-or-Treat night in Shawnee. Since we weren't having the Halloween party, I invited our family and a few friends over for chili, chicken and dumplings, and hot apple cider. The kids did a little bit of trick-or-treating, but they didn't really see the point when I had a huge basket of candy by our front door. Reid thought it was more fun to help pass out the candy!
.....
Kari got me this adorable front door sign for my birthday!
.....
We're off to Neverland! This year our family costume was Peter Pan. Reid insisted on being Captain Hood (he's really into pirates right now), so that left Jeb wearing the green tights. He seemed okay with it up until it was actually time to put them on, then I saw him sneak into the bathroom and pour himself an alcoholic beverage. Lol! I was Wendy Darling. I had ordered a auburn/red ringlet wig, but it was back ordered so I just did the best I could. I thought our costumes turned out great!
....
.....
And what's Peter Pan without his little Tinkerbell?!
.....
Captain Hook was ready to take on Peter Pan!
.....
Cutest Captain Hook that I have EVER seen!
.....
Priceless!
.....
Gam-Ma Missy came over and brought her yummy sausage balls!
.....
Peter Pan & Wendy
.....
"Oh, Peter!"
.....
Tons of people were walking around trick-or-treating...and our neighborhood is one of the busiest ones in town on Halloween! We were out in the front yard and all of our neighbors kept waving and talking to Jeb. It was hilarious! I know in this picture he's thinking, "Yep, I'm a grown man...standing out in my yard in green panty hose....took one for the team...dad of the year." 
.....
The Cadenheads - A.K.A. Super Mario Brothers 
.....
The Rollins - A.K.A. Little Red Riding Hood & Gang
.....
How cute was Grayson?
.....
Tinkerbell was over this whole costume thing! She just wanted some chocolate!!
....
Best husband & dad EVER! LOVE him!
.....
Mica came as Flo, the Progressive lady, and Travis was Mayhem
.....
My bestie, Kari, lookin' cute in her Halloween colors
.....
It was a fun, relaxing Halloween spent with wonderful friends and family! I absolutely LOVE dressing up and I already have an idea for next year! I can't wait to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment