Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mean Green Fighting Machine: Alumni Football Game

I'm a little late making this post, but...better late than never! The first part of October, Jeb played in the Seminole vs. Wewoka Alumni football game. Seminole and Wewoka have always been huge rivals...more so before we were in high school, but still rivals nonetheless. I was really nervous about Jeb playing because I didn't want him to get hurt. I kept saying things like, "You're a dad now," and "How would you feel if you got paralyzed in an alumni game?" But, as it got closer to game day, I started getting really excited too. This was my alma mater as well! I also wanted to be really supportive because I could see just how excited Jeb was about the game. Several of his high school buddies were playing and they would get to try and re-live their glory days.
.....
I love this gorgeous shot of Chieftain Stadium with our historic high school in the background. Seeing all of those guys on the field again in uniform brought me back to those days where I stood on the sidelines, cheering them on, hoping for a win so the guys would want to go hang out and build a bonfire after the game. I remember Little Olympics on this field...Homecoming...holding run through signs...tumbling down the green grass...Little Chieftain Cheer Clinic...half-time routines...walking Jeb off the field...hanging flags before the games - all wonderful memories of the past!
.....
Warm-Ups!
.....
My cousin Tyler went to Wewoka and played in the game as well. Him, Jeb, & Josh had being talking trash to each other for several weeks before the game about who was going to win.
.....
Since we live in Shawnee now, LilliAnn didn't have anything "green." Thankfully, I had a friend who let me borrow this little old-school cheerleading uniform for Lil to wear to the game. Isn't it adorable? I also dug out one of Jeb's football picture buttons from high school and let her wear it as well.
.....
"Class of 2002: JEB ROLLINS"
.....
There they are! The 2011 Seminole Chieftain Alumni Football Team!
.....
Reid and Jett were so excited to get to watch their daddies play. Reid had to wear his helmet and jersey - just like daddy!
.....
I think he was a little disappointed that the Alumni Football Organization didn't have his old number from high school... #43
.....
I must admit, I really liked seeing him on the field again. He hadn't been in pads since his last college football game at ECU five years ago. 
Perfect linebacker stance!
.....
First quarter down...thumbs up! 
.....
and.........he's still got it!
.....
.....
"yeah, I know I'm good."
.....
Brothers! 
Josh is two years older than Jeb so they only got to play together a few games. It was neat seeing them play together.
.....
And yes, I really wore my old high school uniform! I was excited because it was actually a little big for me! I'm about 15 pounds lighter than I was in high school - and that's after TWO kids! Jeb didn't think I'd really wear it, but I thought, "Why not?" I LOVE theme dressing and when else can you wear your high school cheerleading uniform?!
.....
Mean Green Fighting Machine
Half time...he's starting to look REALLY tired! Maybe not the stamina they all had in their teens?!
.....
.....
On the field together again...in uniform...10 years later - and just as much in love as we were 10 years ago!
.....
.....
I love this picture of sissy in front of the iconic Mean Green bell!
.....
Daddy's cheerleaders!
.....
The Chieftains were ahead most of the game and then ended up losing it in the final seconds! They were going down for the victory snap, but because their center had already started taking his pads off, a new guy that had never snapped the ball before did a bad snap and the ball was fumbled. Wewoka scored with just a couple of seconds remaining in the game! You would have thought they had won the Super Bowl. Our guys were disappointed, but they were just glad it was finally over! They were EXHAUSTED and Jeb had the worst headache of his life.
.....
.....
Lifelong friends - Jeb & Chase
.....
Chase and I have been friends since we were about 3 years old. I've been cheering for these two for a LONG time!
.....
My little Chieftain family!
Even thought our kids will be going to school in Shawnee, I'll always be a Chieftain at heart!
Once a Chieftain, Always a Chieftain! Green & White Forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment