Thursday, May 23, 2013

ten things you may or may not know about me.

10 things you may, or may not, know about me. Why? Because I have wraps on my thighs (don't ask, I'm trying the It Works! wrap products) and I can't sleep.

  1. I am left-handed. The only other person in my family that I know of that was left-handed was my maternal grandfather, John Charles McKenzie. Actually, he was ambidextrous.
  2. I'm addicted to hot baths. I take at least two baths a day, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to take baths. And I don't really like turning the Jacuzzi jets on (weird, I know). 
  3. I love sending snail mail and thank you cards. Invitations and stationary are some of my favorite things. 
  4. I WILL pee my pants if someone tickles me. I cannot control it. And yes, I still will do this even though I am almost thirty years old. 
  5. I was Valedictorian and Senior Class President. 
  6. I am claustrophobic. And I mean extremely claustrophobic. I will not get into an elevator by myself and tight spaces really freak me out. 
  7. I do not vaccinate my children. I don't tell this to many people, especially since I am a health care provider. No, I am not opposed to vaccines and no, I do not think all vaccines are bad. I do, however, think that there needs to be more research on childhood vaccinations and the vaccination schedule. I have researched and educated myself extensively on this subject. This is a personal decision that I have made as a parent and I feel very good about my decision. 
  8. My first car was a black Isuzu Rodeo. I have had six vehicles since then, including a champagne Chevy Tahoe, a maroon Chevy Tahoe, a pearl white Chrysler 300C, a black BMW 5 series, a black Cadillac Escalade Platinum, and a Mocha Steel Cadillac Escalade Platinum. 
  9. My junk foods of choice include: Mild Duds, Funyuns, Sour Patch Kids, Tangy Taffy, Hot Fries, Grape pop, Pepsi from Taco Bell, McDonald's french fries, donut holes with milk, my grandma Lucy's fudge, and Reese's (oh, and I eat all of the chocolate off my Reese's first and then eat the peanut butter). I WILL let myself indulge in a few of these at the lake this summer. 
  10. When I was five, my dad accidentally shot a firework into our entire box of fireworks that was sitting on the front deck of our trailer house (We used to live in a trailer house and we had bird dogs too!). You should have see that firework show. This is one of my earliest and most vivid memories. I think that is the fastest that I ever saw my dad run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment