Monday, December 2, 2013

i am thankful.

Thanksgiving was very chill this year… and for that, I am thankful. Jeb's side of the family didn't do Thanksgivings this year, so we weren't driving all over the state trying to make four Thanksgivings in one day. We were actually able to relax a little and enjoy our little family. We spent Thanksgiving break at the lake, as usual. Jeb, Reid, dad, and Kass went to the Thunder game on Wednesday night, while mom, Lil, and I stayed at the lake house and unpacked and started cooking. It was nice having a little girls' night and getting to spend some one on one time with my mom.
Thursday, we had lunch at our lake house with my mom's side of the family, and then headed up the hill to Grandma Lucy and Papa Glenn's house for dinner. Papa fried a turkey for me and Grandma made her famous noodles, so I was one happy pregnant girl. After dinner we made cheese apples…an old family tradition that we've been doing for years. We went back to using hand grinders attached to the card table this year, and I really enjoyed the time we all got to spend together while grinding the cheese and pecans. My cousin Tyler just returned from the Naval Academy in Chicago and it was nice to catch up with him. Reid loves anything that is working or helping out, so he was all about helping crank the grinder. LilliAnn was more into sitting on top of the table, while giving out orders and eating the cheese!
I did a little bit of Black Friday shopping with my Aunt Johnna the day after Thanksgiving, and then we took the kids to see the new Disney movie, Frozen, that evening. The movie was AMAZING and one of the best ones I had seen in quite a while. It kept both of the kids' attention the entire time! LilliAnn had to go to the restroom really bad towards the end, but didn't want to miss the show. Finally, after she said she was going to pee pee in her panties, I made her go to the restroom. She cried the entire time and wanted the movie people to rewind the part that she missed. She was so so upset when the movie was over because she "missed a part." She cried huge alligator tears, and the only way Jeb and I could get her to calm down was to take her to Walmart and buy her a Frozen doll. Thankfully, this made it all better. We downloaded the soundtrack on iTunes yesterday, and LilliAnn cannot stop singing the songs (her favorite being "Love is an Open Door")! She said it is her "best, favorite movie ever!"
On Saturday, we spent the entire day relaxing! I took the kids over to Shawnee that morning for a little mini session with Santa (which didn't go as planned because the pajamas I ordered for them to wear in these pictures didn't come in the mail in time…soooooo, last minute outfits it was!), and then we headed back over to the lake for a day of rest. Mom cooked her super delicious spaghetti for lunch and we got to take naps and be lazy. Jeb and Reid went fishing, played football, and then built a campfire. We watched a few movies, and then went over to Aunt Glenda's to visit and eat chili for dinner. It was such a good day…and for that, I am thankful.
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
Reid's favorite thing in the entire world…fishing with his dad.
…..
The Lord has blessed my family with so much more than we deserve…and for that, I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment