Saturday, February 8, 2014

week 32. (baby #3)

…..
32 week appointment.
February 3, 2014 - Dr. K. Anthony Shanbour (Mercy Hospital, OKC)
  • total weight gained: 30 pounds
  • fetal heart rate: 148 bpm
  • blood pressure: 100/60
…..
Everything still seems to be going great with this pregnancy. My c-section was scheduled for Thursday, March 20, but I have a feeling that this baby will make its' appearance a little earlier than that…just like its' siblings! We finally got started on the nursery last week. We painted the walls a light gray, the crib is up, and I've been thinking about color schemes. I may wait to finish the decor after the baby is born, as I have certain colors in mind for a boy and a girl. I want the room/decor to transition easily to a toddler room, and I'm not sure a boy toddler room would look great in if I went completely with white/cream/neutral with my decor, however, I could make that work if it was a girl. The baby will be in the co-sleeper in our room for a while, so I'm not in a huge hurry to finish the nursery decor/accents…especially since now I have some ideas in mind.  

I have thought this baby was a boy since I first found out I was pregnant. About a year after LilliAnn was born, I started having dreams about another little boy. I knew our hands were full, but for some reason felt like we were just meant to have another baby. I wasn't at peace with being "done" forever. Maybe it's because of the special relationship I have with LilliAnn or me wanting her to be my only girl (I don't have a sister, so I've never longed for LilliAnn to have one. I love the relationship between my mom and I, and the fact that I don't have to share her with another girl.), or maybe it's because Jeb has a brother and I know he's always wanted Reid to have a brother, or because Jeb's always wanted two boys, or because I always said growing up that I wanted "two boys and a girl," or maybe because I've had another boy name since I was pregnant with LilliAnn, while girl names seem to be sooooo hard for me right now…but for whatever reason, I think this baby is a boy. BUT if a beautiful baby girl is placed in my arms on March 20 (or before!), I will be so surprised and SO blessed!!! 
In saying that, I have already bought a couple of boy outfits. I saved more of LilliAnn's baby clothing than I did Reid's, and cute boy stuff is much harder to find than girl stuff, so when I saw these adorable boy pieces (and blanket) I just couldn't resist. If the baby is a girl, I can save the boy things and give them as baby gifts to other girls that I know are having boy babies. 

My other two babies were both breech, and because this baby is head down, I'm carrying it a lot differently! My belly right now at 32 weeks is the size that it was when I delivered Reid and LilliAnn! The baby is extremely low and is really putting a lot of pressure in my pelvic area. I get up at least 8 times a night to go to the bathroom!  LilliAnn always talks about how big and "chubby" my belly is getting. She rubs my belly and talks to the baby multiple times a day, and loves to ask questions about what the baby is doing. It's been so much fun having her involved in this pregnancy and I know she's going to make the BEST big sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment