Saturday, February 22, 2014

week 35. (baby #3)

…..
35 week appointment (almost 36 weeks).
February 25, 2014 - Dr. K. Anthony Shanbour (Mercy Hospital, OKC)
  • total weight gained: 36 pounds (eeeeek!)
  • fetal heart rate: 137 bpm
  • blood pressure: 110/70
…..
The past week I've been having a lot of low back pain, pelvic pressure, and mild contractions every couple of days. I've also been having this very strange, "electric shock/pinching" pain that shoots into my vaginal/cervix area. I remember having a few of these types of pains the week before I had LilliAnn, but they seem to be way more intense with this baby. It only happens for a split second, but at times, can almost bring me to my knees! Dr. Shanbour says this could be the baby moving on a nerve, or more likely, the baby pushing its' way into my pelvis (ouch!). I've had about four different episodes of contractions, with last night being the most intense/consistent. They were occurring very regularly - about every 6 minutes - and lasting for about a minute and a half. This went on for almost two hours, but after a hot bath, thankfully they eased up and I was able to go to sleep. 
…..
Dr. Shanbour stated that since I had Reid right before I was 37 weeks, and LilliAnn at 38 weeks, this baby would probably come early too. He said that he doubts I'll make it to March 20 for my scheduled c-section and predicted at this appointment that I would have the baby in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks! My blood pressure is still great, and I haven't really had any swelling. However, I did wake up early this morning with my hands and feet feeling a lot more "puffy" than normal. It's very hard to get my wedding rings on, and I can tell it's getting close - mostly due to the nesting and weird uneasy feeling that I've had for the past week. The diaper bag and my overnight bag are packed, the camera is charged, and the cord blood collection kit is ready to go! 
…..
Although I am technically "ready," I still don't feel prepared for this baby yet. There is still a ton of work to do to finish up the nursery (I need a rug, crib skirt, curtain rods, changing pad cover - pictures need hung), and the playroom still needs organized and shelves hung for it to be complete. There are several small "honey-do" things that I'm wanting Jeb to tackle this week, and I need to order a little swing for the baby (both of my other kids LOVED their little portable swing!).  Hopefully I can get some of these things accomplished this week before the baby makes its' appearance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment