Sunday, March 16, 2014

week 38. (baby #3)

…..
38 week appointment.
March 13, 2014 - Dr. K. Anthony Shanbour (Mercy Hospital, OKC)
  • total weight gained: 38 pounds 
  • fetal heart rate: 152 bpm
  • blood pressure: 120/60 
…..
Dr. Shanbour checked me for the first time at this visit and I was dilated to almost a 3 and 80% effaced. I really thought that checking me might make me go into labor, as this is what happened with LilliAnn, but it's three days later and still no baby. I had a significant amount of microscopic blood in my urine, and Dr. Shanbour said this is from the effacement and cervical changes of the beginning stages of labor. I've had lots of contractions off and on since this appointment, but none that have progressed. Last night my pain was severe, and at one point I was having contractions every three minutes. I woke Jeb up and told him to get dressed, but after a hot bath they settled down and got further apart instead of closer together. The past week I have had SO. MUCH. PRESSURE. I've never carried a baby in the correct head down position, so I've never experienced this type of pelvic pressure. I get up every 30 min to 1 hour at night to use the restroom! When Dr. Shanbour checked me he said, "Whoa! That head is low!" My nails and toes are done, groceries are bought, my eyebrows are waxed, my car is cleaned, the co-sleeper is up, and the car seat is in…although I still have a little more work to do on the nursery, I finally feel like this baby can make its' entrance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment