Tuesday, April 7, 2015

12 months.

…..
Baby Rush! I cannot believe this is my very last monthly baby post! I have cherished each and every one of your 12 months, and I can't wait to watch your little toddler personality develop. The biggest change that I've seen in the past month has been in your vocabulary! You're really starting to talk! You now say bubba and lala (for LilliAnn), and when you can't find me you walk around the house saying, "Mama? Mama?" Nana brought you into the JSL meeting tonight and you immediately pointed to me sitting in front and yelled, "Mama!" It melts my heart every time you say it. I will never get tired of hearing that sweet "mama." You also call Papa Kelbo "mama," however, it sounds a little bit different…more like "bah-ma." You've said "nana" a couple of times and have started making car/truck sounds when you play with them on the floor. You're still saying "bite" when you want a drink, and when you want to nurse, you start making a "uuuuhhh-uuhuhuu" noise and pulling down my shirt! 
I know I'm your mother, but I think you are so smart! You walk up to the stove and will point and say, "hot!," and you can screw and unscrew water bottle lids. You follow directions really well for your age, and sometimes you'll bring me my car keys and say, "bye?" You've also recently started shaking your head "no." When I ask if you want to do something or try and give you a bite of something you don't like, you squeeze your eyes shut and start shaking your head. It's the cutest thing ever! 
One of your favorite things to do lately is climb. It's not unusual for me to find you sitting up in the big kids' chairs or on top of the ottoman. You love going up and down stairs, especially when it's the stairs to your little play slide at nana's house! Your favorite game to play is patty cake, and watching the way you do your hands on the "roll 'em up" part is super sweet! 
When all of us laugh at something, you'll look at us and start laughing too. It's the funniest thing, and the big kids really get a kick out of it! You still like playing in bubba and sissy's room, especially with sissy's Doc McStuffins toys. You love digging through the Doc McStuffins doctor bag, and you like all of the noises that the Doc mobile makes! 
…..
…..
Hugs for your Thunder bear!
…..
Tackles for your Thunder bear! 
…..
…..
You're still breastfeeding, and usually nurse a couple of times during the night. You have yet to sleep through the night, so mama's still a little sleep deprived! You love snuggling close to me at night and putting your arm across my chest. I'm savoring every moment because I'm going to miss having a little baby cuddled up next to me at night! 
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
Sharing caramel popcorn with sissy!
…..
…..
You are all boy. You love balls, bugs, being outside, and you always seem to get dirty! Unlike the other two kids, you love wearing hats and sunglasses. If you're wearing a hat and it comes off, you'll bring it to me and say, "AT!" so I'll put it back on you! I love putting you in little leggings and rompers still because I know you won't be a baby much longer. I'm going to leave you in baby clothes as long as I can get away with it! 
The one thing that I want to remember about you at 12 months is the way you give kisses. When I ask, "Can I have a kiss?" you'll lean in to my face, open your mouth really wide, and give me the biggest kiss ever! Sometimes you even make a cute little noise that sounds kind of like, "ahhhmm." To wake me up in the mornings, you'll occasionally give me kisses on my mouth. When I open my eyes, you'll be looking at me with sparkling eyes and the cheesiest grin. I'm not a morning person, but my heart can't help but burst with joy when I wake up to that! 
Rushton Jeb, you are my little honey bunny, my mess pot, my best baby boy…and I will forever love you to the moon and back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment