Sunday, February 4, 2024

Letter to My Birthday Baby Boy: 9 Years Old

.....
Rushton Jeb, 

    NINE years old! And the sweetest, kindest, most precious boy! I'm several months late writing this year's letter, so this one will be short and sweet. You are adventurous, athletic, intelligent, and you have a heart of gold! To know Rush is to love Rush! You are your daddy's mini me...kind-hearted, cautious, an over-thinker, and you make friends wherever you go.
.....
.....
.....
You have the most magnetic personality, and you are our JOY! You weren't sure what you wanted to do for your birthday this year...it took you so long to decide...but we finally settled on taking a few friends to the arcade to do bowling and laser tag. All you wanted for your birthday was a pack of basketball cards...and Christmas was about the same. You are so easy...you asked for basketball cards, a new basketball, and a pair of Ugg Tasman slip-ons. When we were talking about your birthday week you said, "It's really not a big deal." Oh Rushy...we love you so much and celebrating you is definitely a BIG DEAL!
.....
.....
You asked Jesus into your heart this year when you were 9. You came home from church one Wednesday evening and told me you were ready to become a Christian and ask Jesus to come into your heart. We prayed together on my bed that evening and read a few Bible verses. I love watching your faith grow, as you learn to depend on Jesus.
.....
.....
.....
This is my verse I've chosen for you in your 9th year of life.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12
.....
.....
.....
.....
Rush loves:
-basketball cards
-football
-basketball
-wrestling
-XBOX
-Chick-Fil-A
-eating chips
-root beer
-wrestling
.....
.....
I love you so much, Rushton Jeb, and you will always be my baby boy.
-Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment