Sunday, February 4, 2024

Letter to My Birthday Girl: 13 Years Old

.....
My sweet Lil,

    THIRTEEN! How can it be?! How can you already be a teenager? I feel like I was in denial about your becoming a teenager for so long. You have always been my baby girl and I don't want you to grow up! I vividly remember the first time I held you. It took a while for them to stitch me up after the c-section, and I remember having the most overwhelming feeling of joy...the most peaceful, satisfying feeling, when they placed you into the crook of my arms. You were like the missing puzzle piece of my heart. The first time I held you, in that moment, all was right in the world. And I still feel that way when you're with me...like all is right in the world...because you make everything better. You make me better.
.....
.....
We did a flamingo-themed, pink, pool party for your 13th birthday and it was beyond adorable! There were so many girls...and music...and the cutest cake...and flamingo macarons...and pink sparkly beach balls in the pool...it was just perfect!
.....
Then Nana took you on a girls' trip to Dallas with Bella and her grandmother, Malinda. You all had the best time and took the cutest "Instagram pics."
.....
You got social media this year...SnapChat and Insta...which I love and I hate. I love that you can see what I post...my opinions about things, heath info I post, and other things, however, I hate that you're in the social media world now and have to see everyone's "highlight reels." You're wise beyond your years and mature for your age, and I honestly think you handle it well. You are not obsessed with it. You see it for what it is. And you don't compare yourself to others. I love how you are so confident in your own skin and you love what you love, no matter what anyone else thinks. 
.....
.....
.....
.....
You have a heart of gold and you're kind to others. You are extremely capable and responsible. You seek out the lost and the lonely, and you show compassion. You're sweet and sassy...reserve, but fierce. 
.....
.....
I took you, Reid, and CJ to the BOK Center in Tulsa to see Zach Bryan. You all snuck down into the pit, and you hung out with Sophia all night and said it was the best night of your life! 
.....
.....
.....
LILLIANN LOVES:
-fancy food
-anything themed
-pink
-Lululemon
-buying gifts
-shopping
-Target
-Starbucks
-hosting parties
.....
.....
.....
Bible verse for your 13th year:

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

My prayer for you is that you never dim your light for others. You shine BRIGHT because you are reflecting His light...the light of the Lord. Don't be afraid to show your true light, because that is how Jesus gets out into the world. 

.....
...
LilliAnn, you're easy to love and the sweetest daughter. You're my dream girl and I don't deserve you. The light of the Lord shines big through you and I pray he uses you for great things for you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are God's masterpiece. You are beloved. You are the daughter of the King. And you are my darling. Happy 13th Birthday!
-Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment