Thursday, March 11, 2010

Her Precious Face

..........
A few weeks ago we went and had a 4D ultrasound done at Miracles Within Ultrasound in Edmond. We found out that our baby girl is breech just like her brother was...frank breech with her legs up over her head! We got a little peek at her face, but because she wasn't cooperating we decided to come back the following week and try again to get a better look at her precious face. 
.........
Even though she was still breech we got a better look at her face this time. She looks so much like Reid! I think that she has Jeb's little pointy chin and my chubby cheeks.
We didn't ever get a very good full front face view but we got an amazing look at her sweet profile. She seems to be pretty laid back, and definitely wasn't a show off! She was holding on to one of her feet and pulling it up by her forehead. You can see this in the first picture on this collage. The middle picture of this collage looks almost identical to the 4D ultrasound picture of Reid that I have in a frame.
..........
A few pictures of my belly growth!
..........
The week after our 4D ultrasound we had an appointment with Dr. Ryan. Jeb had to work so mom and Reid went with me. I was really dreading stepping on the scales because the past month I've let my cravings get the best of me and I felt like I had been swelling a little bit. My rings have been starting to fit more snugly on my fingers and my face feels puffier. After stepping on the scale and realizing I had gained another 7 pounds in a month (making my total thus far almost 30 pounds!), my blood pressure was terribly high for me! My blood pressure has always been low and has never been higher than 114/70 at the doctor but this time my blood pressure was 142/84! This is really really high for me, but I think it was just because I was upset about my weight because I've been checking it since the appointment and it's always around 104-112/56-64 - that's more like it! The high blood pressure did make me a little nervous because the week before my water broke with Reid my rings got stuck on my fingers and my blood pressure went up to 138/84. Everything else was great at the appointment...baby's heart rate was in the 150s like it usually is and the c-section was officially scheduled for April 10.
..........
The past few weeks I've been a lot more tired than usual and I've been going to the bathroom like crazy! I get up at least 4 or 5 times a night to go and last night I went 3 times within 10 minutes! She's really putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. I think we finally have decided on a name...LilliAnn McKenzie Rollins, named after my great-grandma Lillian McKenzie and McKenzie is my mom's maiden name. I LOVE it! I've been nesting like crazy and I almost have the room finished. All that's left is painting the monogram on the painted scroll decoration above the crib, and I have to take the bedding back to the seamstress to redo the bumper ties that I wasn't happy with. I also still want to find a really chunky, decorative standing lamp for the corner as well as a rug. Dad and Jeb put the chandelier up and it's absolutely beautiful! Reid's big boy room is almost finished too, with the exception of one more shelf I need to get and a red valance/shade for the window. We're almost ready for the new addition to our family! I still want to get a few more things done before the big day (Reid's birthday invitations ordered, carpets cleaned, car detailed...I know, I'm a freak!). And we can't forget the "It's a Girl!" cigars for Jeb to pass out when she's born :) Diaper bag is being made, hospital bag is packed - everything is almost ready. I'm trying to be a little more prepared since my water broke with Reid a month early! Time will tell if LilliAnn comes early or right on time. We just can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment