Friday, February 4, 2011

Big Doggin' It

.....
Jeb and I were "big doggin' it" night before last, as my dad would say. We went to the OKC Thunder game and had an absolute BLAST! The night before the game, the blizzard of 2011 hit the state and the roads were solid ice! We were worried about driving from Shawnee to the city, but my brother was snowed in in Norman and we didn't think we'd get the opportunity for these seats many more times. So what did we do? We loaded up in my dad's jeep and hit I-40! The interstate really wasn't all that bad and since Jeb used to be a police officer, he's had some excellent training in dangerous driving! I always feel safe when he's behind the wheel! My dad and brother decided to buy two Thunder season tickets this year because Kassidy loves going to the games. And they didn't buy just any season tickets...they have seats on the first row right behind the Thunder bench! Although I would rather spend that kind of money on a new car or on the kitchen of the house that I want to build one day, it was really nice to sit on the court with all of the big dogs! One of the best parts about these seats is that you are shown on television A LOT, especially during time outs and when they're showing the players on the bench. I was really nervous that I was going to look bad or do something stupid, so I told my mom to text me if I looked like a dork! There is a Player's Club restaurant under the tunnel of the Ford Center where the players come out and everyone that has floor seats gets complimentary dinner before the game. The restaurant and bar were really nice...who would've thought there was a restaurant and bar like that in the bottom of the Ford Center?!? There was a buffet with wonderful gourmet food and I thoroughly enjoyed the glass of Pinot Grigio that the waitress brought me. 
.....
.....
Once we got to our seats, Jeb started telling me all about the players. He told me that #3 for the New Orleans Hornets was Chris Paul and that he was really good. He looked really little to me. I said, "That little short guy? He's the really good one for the other team?" Jeb said, "Kelli Ann, he's 6 foot tall." Well, compared to 7 foot tall guys he does look really little! It was really fun to watch the players up close and see how they interacted with each other on the bench. They were always giving each other, as well as their coaches and trainers, high fives and little hand shakes. Rumble the buffalo came by and shook our hands and acted like Jeb was lucky to be sitting next to me...he's such a cute little buffalo! Another great little perk about these seats is that a waitress comes by and takes your order periodically during the game so you never have to get up!
.....
.....
.....
The view from our seats!
.....
Kevin Durant #35 - I really should've taken more pictures!
.....
.....
High school kid sitting next to us took this pic so it's not the greatest...
We won the game by about 10 points and Kevin Durant was ON FIRE!!! It was a great game (even though my mom said that every time they showed us on t.v. I was talking to Jeb instead of watching the game!). I think I'm really starting to get into this whole Thunder basketball thing!
.....
All bundled up walking to the car after the game!
.....
.....
After the game, we stopped in the Thunder store and bought Reid a basketball and hat and bought LilliAnn a pink "My 1st Thunder Shirt!" Reid said, "thank you so very much for my tool (cool) THUNDER ball, mama!"
.....
Trying to take a pic of the two of us...I've never been very good at this!
Take 1
.....
Take 2
.....
Take 3 - Almost!
.....
Take 4 - Success!
.....
When we got back to my parents' house the kids were both asleep! It was freezing outside, but we bundled them up in blankets and headed out to Jeb's truck. My mom was SO afraid that Jeb was going to slip on the ice with LilliAnn! Thankfully, we made it to the car safely - with both kids still asleep! 
.....
We had a really good time together that night. It was a night out that we both REALLY needed! Jeb was so sweet to me and it felt like a real date...he put his arm around me all night, flirted with me, and told me I was beautiful! Thank you, dad and Kass, for sharing your amazing seats with us! It really was UP TO THE HYPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment