Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letter to my Birthday Girl: 1 Year Old

.....
LilliAnn turned one a couple of months ago and I've been wanting to do a post to summarize her first year of life. This past year has been such a blessing for me...having my little boy and my little girl...I really do feel like I have everything that I've ever wanted in life. In the words of my husband, LilliAnn truly is "everything I've ever wanted in a girl...she's gorgeous, she's ornery, she's sweet, she's tough, she's funny." Her daddy is absolutely head over heels for her. I think I've captured just about all of her "firsts" on camera, so I'd like to share some of them with you. Here's a quick look back at 1 Year of LilliAnn: Our Buttons.
.....
Reid's announcement that he was going to be a BIG BROTHER! August 2009
.....
First time that we every saw our baby girl...I thought she looked like a little gummy bear, but I was in love from the moment I saw the screen!
.....
November 2009 - Finding out that "It's A Girl!"
.....
When I saw this ultrasound picture I remember thinking, "what a beauty!"
.....
First kisses from Reid
.....
Baby shower at work the week before LilliAnn was born - March 2010
.....
First thing that I monogrammed - the wall above your crib
.....
Very first photo - 4.6.10 @ 9:26 p.m.
.....
First cry - I started crying too. It seems like I waited forever from the time Jeb said that you were here, until I finally heard you cry!
.....
First family photo - just a couple minutes after you were born
.....
First time mommy held you - I was in heaven!
.....
First time you had him wrapped around your little finger - just a couple hours after you were born.
.....
First outfit
.....
First car ride - This is still your favorite blanket.
.....
First time bubba held you 
.....
First scowl
.....
First bath
.....
First big bow!
.....
.....
First photo shoot - Courtney Morehead (Ada, OK)
.....
.....
.....
.....
First breast milk bottle
.....
.....
First party - Reid's 2nd Birthday (2 weeks old)
.....
Dr. Robert Ryan - Center for Integrative Women's Health
The doctor who delivered you
.....
First tutu! Kassidy's Senior Prom - 1 month old
.....
First time to go to work with mommy
.....
First bikini - 1 1/2 months old
.....
First sibling fight!
.....
First swim
.....
First Father's Day
.....
Baby Dedication - June 2010
.....
.....
First time to sleep in your crib - 3 months old
.....
First Memorial Day at the Lake
.....
First 4th of July
.....
.....
.....
.....
First shopping trip with mommy - Affair of the Heart (Tulsa), July 2010
.....
.....
.....
First time to wear camo!
.....
First time you found your toes
.....
.....
First and favorite doll - Ivy Seedling Doll
.....
First toy - Sophie the Giraffe
.....
First vacation, 4 1/2 months old - Branson, Missouri (August 2010)
.....
First train ride
.....
First amusement park ride - Silver Dollar City
.....
.....
First time to eat cereal - 5 1/2 months old
.....
.....
First friend - Cousin Josslynn, September 2010
.....
First Sooner shirt!
.....
.....
First time at the Pumpkin Patch - October 2010
.....
First football game - Seminole Chieftain Homecoming, October 2010
.....
First Halloween Costume - Pink Poodle
.....
First monogrammed holiday pajamas
.....
First Family Halloween Costume - The Flintstones
.....
First Jack-O-Lantern
.....
.....
First climb - 7 months old
.....
First Thanksgiving
.....
First teeth - 7 1/2 months old
.....
.....
First concert - Barney (December 2010)
.....
.....
First faux fur
.....
First present
.....
First Christmas pictures
.....
First time to sit on Santa's lap
.....
.....
First pony
.....
First Santa hat
.....
First Christmas
.....
.....
First steps - 1 week before turning 9 months old
.....
.....
First day of dance - 9 months old
.....
.....
.....
First Valentine's Day
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
First trip to the zoo
.....
LilliAnn - Month by Month
.....
1 Month
.....
.....
2 Months
.....
.....
3 Months
.....
.....
.....
.....
4 Months
.....
.....
.....
5 Months
.....
6 Months
.....
.....
.....
.....
7 Months
.....
.....
8 Months
.....
.....
9 Months
.....
.....
10 Months
.....
.....
.....
11 Months
.....
.....
.....
12 Months Old
.....
.....
I hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of Lil's first year in pictures. As you can see, she had quite the year - from pumpkins to parties, bows to Barney to buttons, tutus and trains, costumes and cuddles - our baby girl had ONE big year! Every day her personality shines brighter and we see a little more of our LilliAnn. Her favorite words this week are wet, ice cream, down, go, whoa and un-uh. She does all of the motions to "The Wheels on the Bus" (now that recital is over!) and her favorite part is the people on the bus go "up and down." She bends her little knees and walks all over the house bouncing up and down! She's been quite the mama's girl lately and loves to cuddle with me and give me kisses...and I don't mind one bit! As much as I doll her up, she still loves playing in the dirt, making messes, and picking up bugs. Maybe those are influences from having an older brother! I love this baby girl and she truly is my dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment