Saturday, November 26, 2011

One day...

 .....
A couple of months ago Jeb and I closed on the lot where will build our future home...one day. The lot is in Shawnee in Bridges - the back part of the Country Club. Jeb and I debated over whether we wanted to live farther out of town on more land, or whether we wanted to stay in town. I wanted to be in town because as the kids get older and get more involved in extracurricular activities, it will be easier if we live in town. Also, when they start driving I didn't want them going back and forth on the highway. Jeb was for living a little farther out, but I DID NOT want to drive on dirt roads... and finding nice land for sale a little bit out of town on a paved road seemed impossible.
.....
.....
We finally agreed on the beautiful lot in the very back of the Country Club in the cul-de-sac. It's one of the bigger lots in the addition, it backs up to a gorgeous tree line, is somewhat secluded, faces the golf course, and we'll only have a neighbor on one side. It's also in Grove Elementary school district, which is where we want our kids to start school. We decided it was PERFECT! If we want some land out in the country to "play on," we decided we could buy some later on. Also, we have the land at the lake that is "out in the country." We've had our eyes on this lot for about a year now, so when it went up for sale a couple of months ago, we made an offer immediately!
..... 
The 2,200 sq. ft. house we live in now was brand new when we moved in 5 years ago, but we're wanting something bigger and we've always wanted to build. My dad loves projects and him and Jeb are very anxious to get the process started, however, I get overwhelmed when I start looking at plans! Jeb thinks that I'm not excited, but with the kids still being little, I feel like I don't have the time that I need to really focus on everything. Small children are so hard on a house...messes, spills, scratches on walls, coloring on walls, dented baseboards...so I've decided that I'll take my time with the new house. I'll spend the next couple of years collecting ideas for my dream home, and we can pour the foundation when Reid starts school. So for now, I'll dream, plan, visualize, collect ideas...and before you know it, we'll have built a house!

No comments:

Post a Comment