Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend. 2012

Memorial Weekend... One of my favorite weekends of the summer. I didn't take as many pictures as usual. I was looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend with my family. I wasn't in the mood to lug my camera around the lake and my main goal was to have fun with my kiddos! We had delicious food, as usual. Friday night we made pizza, Saturday we had spaghetti, and then brisket, fried potatoes, and beans and cornbread, Sunday we had burgers, hotdogs, and chicken tacos, and Monday we had smoked chicken, fried squash, potatoes, and corn. And of course there wasn't a lacking for desserts...brownies, chocolate covered strawberries, cream filled strawberries, strawberry shortcake, red velvet cupcakes, and homemade ice cream was on the weekend menu. 
.....
All of my dad's side of the family was a the lake, as usual. Josh and Lacee returned on Sunday from their Florida vacation and joined the Wewoka Lake fun. Saturday morning, Jeb and I took an early morning run together. The breeze was cool, we had good music playing out loud on the iPhone, and the scenery was gorgeous as we ran under a canopy of shade trees. It was one of the most enjoyable things that I've done in a long time. We ran 3.5 miles in 40 minutes, which I thought was pretty good since it was only my second time to run in MONTHS! We spend the rest of the day riding on Kassidy's boat and relaxing up at the cabin. Sunday night, my mom's side of the family came out. We had dinner for Aunt Johnna's birthday and had a party to watch the Thunder vs. Spurs game. We set up a projector down on the landing and watched the "life-sized" game on a white sheet nailed to the outdoor wall. It was such a fun night! My friend Amanda came out with her two kids and we had so much fun riding the boat and hanging out. Sunday night after the game Jeb took us on a midnight boat ride. We listened to some good tunes and had a pontoon boat dance party! Jeb was the life of the party and kept saying funny things like, "sing it like you wrote it, girl!" and "they used to call me The Fox!" There was even a "phantom waverunner" that kept creeping up on our boat out of the mist!
.....
Jett and Reid had a blast swimming and tubing. Reid put his wakeboard on and got in the water, but it was heavy and hard for him to control. He kept thinking that he was drowning, so we decided Memorial Day weekend probably wasn't the time to learn to wakeboard. LilliAnn loved riding on the boat, but would fall asleep most of the time. She like riding the wave runner with her daddy, as did her brother who liked to drive the wave runners "so fast, mom!" The boys did some fishing and Jeb swears that the state record sized carp got off of his hook. Reid caught some crappie and had fun playing in the minnow bucket. 
.....
.... 
.....
..... 
.....
.....
.....
....
.....
"It was THIS big!"
.....
 My dad sporting his new lake shorts and neon tennis shoes!
.....
.....
..... 
.....
 The wonderful woman who makes it all happen at the lake house!
.....
 party barge!
.....
 some of my very favorite people!
 .....
....
.....
The Captain of our ship!
.....
.....
 the only time Brayle could get a pic with Lil!
.....
It was a perfect weekend (minus my little brother who is in Florida for the summer)....no sunburns, no fights, no rain...just fun + family.

No comments:

Post a Comment