Sunday, June 30, 2013

3 & 5. the birthday parties.

This post is a couple of months late, but I wanted to post a few pictures from the kids birthday party. I thought that if we took the kids to Walt Disney World for their birthdays that I wouldn't have to do birthday parties this year. I was wrong. When we got back from Disney, Reid asked if his friends were going to come to his birthday to sing "Happy Birthday" to him. He said that he really wanted to open presents with all of his friends. So...I threw together a last minute birthday party at Incredible Inflatables in Shawnee. Reid wanted a pirate cake and LilliAnn wanted a princess cake, so we had a "Princess & Pirate Party!" It was crazy, chaotic, and tons of fun, but I don't think I'll ever be doing a joint birthday party with both of the kids again. There was too much going on! We gave the kids cupcakes, but forgot to cut the cakes and offer it to the adults that were at the party! I felt terrible! 
.....
Cake Diva in Shawnee did our cakes and they were delicious as always! 
.....
When I first became a mother I told myself I would never have cheesy birthday parties with Walmart decorations. BUT...two hours before the party I found myself on the party isle at Walmart buying plastic princess tablecloths and cheap party favors! New moms...never say never! But guess what?! My kids LOVED it all! I've killed myself doing Pinterest parties the past five years and all Reid remembers is going to Chuck E. Cheese when he turned three! He doesn't even remember his baseball party with the adorable water bottle labels and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" table! 
.....
Lil wanted to wear her new Cinderella shirt that she got at Disney World.
.....
.....
.....
Reid and his cousin Jett...this is a classic picture of them at this age. They fight like brothers!
.....
LilliAnn and her new friend Sophia Wilson
.....
.....
.....
Wardrobe change into our Cinderella princess dress!
.....
.....
....
After the party Reid went outside to get his big surprise from his Papa Jeff...his very first gun...a 410. I was not happy about this, but daddy put it up in the gun safe until he gets older. 
.....
Reid was LOVING it!
.....
Reid with Papa Jeff
.....
It was a fun, super easy party and I'm glad  that we did it. I forgot how much five and three year-olds enjoy opening presents and eating cupcakes with their little friends. Cheers to ice cream cups, bounce houses, and Walmart decorations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment