Monday, May 19, 2014

rush. 1 month.

…..
I always knew I would have one more baby. I told Jeb long ago that I wanted two boys and a girl. He wanted three as well, but after LilliAnn, it just kind of made sense to be done. I mean, we had a healthy boy and a healthy girl...what more could you want? Well...this. I wanted Rushton Jeb. 3 kids by the time I was 30...I prayed that what I wanted was God's will as well. The last few years I dreamt of another baby boy. I told God that he was in control, but that I needed some finality in the baby area of my life. Bless me with another child or give me an overwhelming peace with having two children. A month later I was pregnant.  From the moment I found out, I knew without a doubt it was a boy. I never found out the gender for certain, but I secretly called him Rush and imagined what he would look like. It was no surprise to this mama when they announced, "It's a boy!" Rushton had been growing in my heart for a long time.  
.....
And what a blessing he has been! Rush, you are the most perfect baby...absolutely no trouble at all! You are a great sleeper. You've had a little bit of trouble with reflux, so you sleep on the boppy lounger in your co-sleeper next to our bed. You usually nurse a couple of times a night and I change your diaper about once or twice during the night. I think you must really gulp your milk because you burp and pass gas like a grown man! It's funny to hear such a big burp coming out of such a tiny baby! Breastfeeding is super easy with my third! You latched right on from the very beginning, and have been a great eater. I've only pumped about 8, 5-ounce bags of milk because I don't have much time to pump. Hopefully this summer I'll get some more stored up. You nurse about every two to three hours, and I feel like we're going through way more diapers this time than we did with the others! I tried cute cloth diapers with Reid. It didn't work out, so from then on we've used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive. I had forgotten how small the size newborns are! You weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. at birth and weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. at your two week check up. Because you were direct Coombs positive, we had to check your bilirubin levels for the first week after birth. Your poor little feet were bruised from the heel sticks, but thankfully you never had to go back under the bili lights after leaving the hospital! Mommy was so glad when that was over! 
.....
The only time that you really get fussy is about 9 at night until about 1 in the morning. At first I though your reflux was bothering you, but I think it's a little bit of colic. Turning on the bath water and bathroom heater and rocking you in the bathroom really soothes you! After 1, you're no longer fussy and you sleep great the rest of the night. You always sleep the best when I put you on the boppy lounger in the bathroom while I'm taking a bath. I think you're used to the sound of the bath water because I took so many baths while I was pregnant! I started taking you to the chiropractor, Dr. Waddell, when you were just a week and a half old. I thought he could help your reflux/mild coli, and we usually go about two times a week. It has helped a little, but I haven't seen a huge improvement in the reflux yet. 
Daddy gets a little frustrated because the time when he's ready to bond with you is usually your fussy time. When Jeb gets home from work the big kids snatch him up before he can even take a shower. Reid wants him to go fishing or play baseball...or we're off to ball practice or another activity as soon as Jeb gets home. Finally, after we've got the bigs bathed and in bed, Jeb has time to cuddle the baby. Unfortunately, this is always around 9 p.m. when Rush gets a little fussy and only wants to nurse. Hopefully, as summer approaches we won't be as busy and daddy can spend more time with Rush in the early evenings.
.....
These are some of MY favorite things:
-Kicky Pants organic sleepers, especially the baby blue one with matching mat
-Kicky Pants organic striped blanket (it's sooooooo cozy!)
-Aiden & Anais organic cream swaddling cloths
-monogrammed "Rush" outfit
-your forehead wrinkles 
-the noises you make when you eat
-how soft the top of your head feels (I love rubbing it while you nurse)
-the perfect shape of your lips 
-swaddling you and holding you close
-pushing you in the Orbit stroller system
....
Some of YOUR favorite things:
-your monkey "WubbaNub" (My other two never would take a pacifier, but you loooooove your Wubby! It's never far from you...ever!)
-riding in the car
-hearing the running bath water
-taking a bath
-being swaddled 
-listening to mommy talk to you 
.....
First trip: 
You went to Dallas with daddy and I on Easter weekend for mommy's friend Emily's wedding shower. You never made a sound the entire three hours to Dallas! We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Frisco and you did so well for your first night away from home. The bigs stayed with Grandma Missy, and Daddy and I really enjoyed spending the weekend with just you!

Milestones: 
smiling
starting to lift/hold head up

Brother & Sister Say…
that you are "soooooo adorable" and the "bestest baby in the whole wide world!" LilliAnn cannot get enough of you! She kisses your cheeks hundreds of times a day and always asks, "Can I hold him?" I have to watch her because she always runs up and kisses you or rubs on you right after you've fallen asleep! LilliAnn seems to annoy you a little bit, but you absolutely love when Reid talks to you. He can make you stop crying by talking to you about baseball, and you love when he counts to you. 
…..
1 Week Old
…..
…..
…..
Love that WubbaNub!
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
 Rushton's first bath! 
…..
…..
…..
Noodle & Boo - our favorite kind of baby shampoo and lotion! We've used it with all three kids! Jeb calls it "noodle boodle."
…..
3 Weeks Old
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..

No comments:

Post a Comment