Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Easter. 2014.

 I'm finally getting around to posting about our Easter! I feel like Easter snuck up on me this year and was a bit of a whirlwind. I was the Matron of Honor in my friend Emily's wedding and her shower was in Dallas on Easter weekend. Jeb, Rushton, and I drove down on Friday night and left the kids with Jeb's mom. The kids had lots of fun coloring Easter eggs and going on egg hunts, but I was a little sad that I wasn't able to dye eggs with them this year. It was tough getting everything together with Rush being just a few weeks old, me still feeling a little fatigued from my c-section and hemorrhaging, and having two kids with t-ball, activities, and all kinds of Easter celebrations at school. But…we managed to have another wonderful holiday. I talked to the kids about the true meaning of Easter and we tried to focus mostly on the resurrection of Christ.
…..
LilliAnn had an egg hunt and Easter celebration at her Kid's For Christ Mother's Day Out. Lyla and Quinn are her two best friends at school! 
…..
LilliAnn and Tessa - Tessa's mom, Dana, and I are in Junior Service League together and both have a love for Matilda Jane Clothing1
…..
LilliAnn with her amazing teacher, Miss Amber
…..
There were TONS of eggs, but with 15 little ones, the hunt didn't last long! 
 …..
Lil couldn't wait to open her eggs! 
…..
Sweet Quinn is always loving on Lil! She kept saying, "Oh LilliAnn! Your dress is just GORGEOUS!"
…..
…..
We pouted a little bit and had a mini meltdown before the hunt because she wanted to stand by me instead of in line with the other kids. 
…..
Jeb and I got home late Saturday night just in time for the Easter bunny to come. The next morning the kids were so excited to run into the living room and check out their baskets! 
Reid and LilliAnn: 2013 (3 and almost 5) & 2014 (4 and almost 6)
…..
…..
…..
Easter morning snuggles with baby brother
…..
…..
4 weeks old
…..
Rushton's First Easter basket
…..
This little bunny wasn't too sure what to think about it all! 
…..
…..
After church, we headed to the lake for Easter lunch and our annual cousin egg hunt!
…..
Jett Taylor
…..
Papa Kelbo put $100 in six of the eggs!!! Reid was trying to scope out the locations of the prize eggs! 
…..
My two bigs!
…..
cute cousins
…..
Josslynn Reese was feeling a bit ornery on Easter!
…..
…..
…..
Our attempt at a cousin pic…they were too excited about playing and hunting eggs to pose for pictures.
…..
There were several meltdowns...
…..
We had trouble getting a decent family pic as well.
…..
…..
…..
…..
handsome Reid Jackson
…..
And little Miss LilliAnn McKenzie! She picked out this blue, smocked dress and I absolutely LOVED it!
…..
always posing...
…..
…..
He is ALIVE! Thank you Lord for your sacrifice so that we may have everlasting life. 

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:  'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' 
-Luke 24: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment