Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Letter to My Birthday Girl: Five Years Old

Sweet Lil,
They way I felt the first time you were placed into my arms is indescribable. My heart was so happy that I honestly thought it might leap out of my chest. And since that moment, there's not a single day that goes by that I don't have that same feeling at least once - the smile you make when you're up to something, that little curl in the middle of your forehead, an accomplishment, watching you perform, or sometimes just watching you sleep. My heart leaps and reminds me of the first time I held you.
LilliAnn McKenzie, you bring us so much joy! All girl - sugar and spice and everything nice - our little dancer, gymnast, entertainer, stylist…our precious princess…you have bought all things, pink, sparkly, cuddly, spunky, and glittery into our world.
…..
…..
Your favorite princess has always been Cinderella. We recently went to see the new Cinderella movie, and I'll never forget you looking up at me and saying, "Mommy, I want to be just like her." And that, sweet girl, is my prayer for you. In the movie, Cinderella is taught by her mother to always "have courage and be kind." You're only five now, but as you grow into the beautiful woman that God created you to be, I pray you'll be brave and know that you are strong because you are a daughter of Christ, and that you'll show love and kindness to all those you meet.
…..
 …..
…..
Be STRONG and COURAGEOUS. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD YOUR GOD goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
-Deuteronomy 31:6
…..
…..
I am so proud of you, and you will forever be my baby girl.
Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment