Thursday, May 14, 2015

swim, splash, dive…LilliAnn is FIVE. {LilliAnn's 5th Birthday}

…..
LilliAnn has been saying since last year that she wanted her next birthday to be a "mermaid party." Even though Rush's 1st birthday took a lot of time, I knew that I had to somehow make this "mermaid party" happen! And thanks to the new Hobby Lobby in Shawnee and a few rush deliveries from etsy, Lil's birthday turned out better than I had expected! We had it at my mom and dad's pool, and my dad had the pool heated to 90 degrees for the party. It was absolutely perfect! We invited about ten of LilliAnn's closest friends, and the girls had a blast swimming and decorating mermaid crowns. 
…..
I ordered this adorable mermaid crown from easy and it says "Mermaid Princess" on the front. I also ordered the mermaid bathing suit from easy and had it rush delivered so it would make it here on time! LilliAnn was over the moon when I surprised her with this birthday outfit! 
…..
 …..
…..
 The bathing suit was absolutely precious and so unique! She kept looking at herself in the mirror saying, "I am so beautiful!" and "I am a REAL mermaid!"
…..
 …..
 The tail had a zipper at the bottom, which made it easier to walk. There was also an option for a monofin for swimming, but I didn't think we were ready for that just yet.
…..
She looks so grown up in this picture! 
…..
 A girl in OKC did the cake for me and it turned out great! It matched the decorations perfectly!
…..
 Bubble gum "sea pearls"
…..
 "seaweed" grapes
…..
 The fresh flowers added the perfect touch to her cake table!
…..
…..
 "Ocean water" made with my Aunt Glenda's famous punch recipe!
…..
…..
 When the party was over, I let each kid pick out a few sea shells to put in their party favor bag. This was a huge hit! They loved digging through the shells and picking out their favorites! 
…..
 We did glitter bracelets, personalized mermaid chapstick, and turquoise mermaid hair ties for party favors. 
…..
The CUTEST cookies ever! And they tasted as good as they look!
…..
The table was just beautiful! I didn't want to take it down!
 …..
 The girls took a break from swimming to decorate mermaid crowns.
…..
…..

…..
Cookies and Crafts!
…..
 Fishy lips!
…..
…..
 She was most excited about her friends singing "Happy Birthday" to her! 
…..
…..
 This sweet smile says it all!
…..
…..
…..
 Make a wish!
…..
She was so excited and appreciative of every present!
…..
And she loved looking at every single card
…..
…..
Beautiful Best Friends - Reese and LilliAnn
…..
 Jewelry crafts from Bella
…..
 Sweet cousin Josslynn
…..
 A HoHo doll and a "boy Barbie" from Tessa…LilliAnn had been asking for a "boy Barbie" because when she plays with her Barbie house she doesn't have any boys to be the dads. She said that she had to use Reid's G.I. Joe! 
…..
This is LilliAnn's amazing Pre-K teacher, Mrs. Whitefield! She came to hang out with LilliAnn at her birthday party and even brought her this Frozen art set! We love Mrs. Whitefield!
…..
Mermaid toys and jambes from Parker and Paisley
…..
 Aunt Gayla and Emma brought a very special gift…French perfume that was named "Lilliana."
…..
 This was the first time that Lil had been in the pool this season, and I was a little worried about her swimming skills! Thankfully, she picked up where she left off last summer and was swimming like a little fish!
…..
 Beautiful Bella!
…..
…..
 Mermaid rest break for a drink of ocean water!
…..
…..
 And because I LOVE parties and anything themed, I ordered a pair of mermaid leggings for the occasion!
…..
…..
 This girl of mine has my heart. 
…..
 I'm so blessed to be her mommy. This mermaid party was absolutely perfect…and we're already planning next year's bowling bash! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment