Tuesday, December 21, 2010

8 Months of Lil: Santa Baby

.....
Two weeks ago our LilliAnn turned 8 months old! Her biggest accomplishment this month is being able to stand alone! She started letting go while she would cruise around the furniture a few weeks ago and the past week she's been standing up/getting up on her feet from right in the middle of the floor! She's even taken a step a few times. Every time she stands up on her own Reid yells, "sissy's standing up!" Then he starts clapping and looks at her and says, "Yay Sissy! Good job Sis!" It's the cutest thing ever! Her vocabulary has also expanded. She's now saying mama, dada, nana, and drink. She LOVES water and I'm so glad because Reid has never been a water drinker. We really have to work to get him to drink water, so I'm so happy that Lil likes it so much. I'm going to try and not introduce juice to her for a while hoping that she'll continue to prefer water. As far as eating goes...yes, she's still nursing ALL NIGHT LONG! However, it has gotten a little better the past week because I was about to lose my mind and decided that I had to put her in her bed. So...I nurse her to sleep, then put her down in her bed, and she's been waking about two to three more times to "pacify." I try and put her back in her crib after I get her back to sleep, but sometimes I'm just so tired I leave her in our bed. I've also been letting herself fuss a little bit in her crib to put herself back to sleep. I'm getting better at this than I was with Reid!
.....
.....
.....
.....
Sweet little Christmas dress that my Aunt Gayla smocked for her with her matching baby doll!
.....
.....
.....
I can't believe that my little bundle of joy is growing up so fast. I feel like time even passes more quickly when you have two little munchkins to take care of all day. I'm so excited for this week - LilliAnn's very first Christmas! My goal is to not be overwhelmed by all the chaos and to enjoy the little moments! This post was a little short, but I promise a more lengthy post about Lil for her 9 month update...when all the "hustle & bustle" of the holidays is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment