Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thankful

.....
It's been super busy around the Rollins' house this month so I'm just now getting around to blogging about our Thanksgiving. Although it's not the Thanksgiving we had planned, it turned out to be a really great day! We had three Thanksgiving dinners planned for the day - Wewoka, then Ada to Jeb's dad's, then back to Wewoka for my mom's side. A pretty tough schedule with a 2 year-old and an 8 month-old, but we were going to try and make our rounds. We stayed at the lake the night before and walked up the hill to Grandma and Papa's house for the big Cook Family Thanksgiving lunch. We also invited Jeb's mom this year so it was kind of like a Cook/Rollins joint Thanksgiving. Right as we were starting to eat, Kassidy came up from our lake house and told me he had a pretty severe headache and that he wasn't feeling well. Dad took him back down to our house and after I finished eating I went to check on him. We decided because of his history we should head to the ER. Long story short...I ended up riding to the hospital with mom, dad, and Kass to get things checked out, while Jeb set out on a Thanksgiving adventure with the two kids - taking them to Ada then back to Wewoka. He even took my 6 year old cousin, Grayson...three kids and he conquered Thanksgiving like a champ! D.O.T.Y. (Daddy Of The Year!) 
.....
.....
The Lupers - Will, Karen, Audri, & Eli
.....
The Kimreys - Tammy, Tyler, Jessie, & Tara
.....
Aunt Glenda got Reid a Christmas book and he looked at it the entire time!
.....
Gam-Ma Missy and her two girls!
.....
Aunt Glenda and her gang
.....
The Rollins Bunch
.....
The Rollins - Josh, Lacee, Jett, & Josslynn
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
She's getting so big!
.....
.....
My cute little cousin Grayson wanted to be in the picture too! After all, Reid is his "brother."
.....
Cousinly love!
.....
Hanging out at Grandma Lucy's house waiting on lunch
.....
.....
Playing with daddy
.....
.....
I think this was his face when I told him he had to take the kids for the rest of the day to all of the Thanksgivings!
.....
After spending all day and night in the hospital, thankfully things turned out fine with Kassidy. He has a clear bill of health and is better than ever! He's loving college, President of his fraternity pledge class, involved in President's Leadership Class, chasing girls, and making all A's in some extremely difficult classes. I couldn't be more proud of him! Although the hospital's turkey and dressing wasn't quite like my grandma's and their mashed potatoes had nothing on my granny's scalloped potatoes, it was a special evening spent with my family - just us four like old times. The room was filled with love and laughter and I wouldn't trade that Thanksgiving for anything. God has truly blessed our family and has given us more than I could have ever wanted. Thank you, Lord, for keeping us healthy, safe, and happy and help us to share your love and your blessings with all those we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment