Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow Day!

Our first snow of the season landed in Shawnee on Monday morning. You would've thought that it was Christmas morning when Reid woke up and saw the white powder covering our yard. He started jumping up and down and saying, "Let's get ready mom! We've got to get our snow clothes on right now before it goes away." Both of the kids got new "snow clothes" for Christmas this year, so we started putting on the layers and then headed over to Nana & Papa's to hit the "hills." 
.....

LilliAnn kept telling my dad that she was "coldy" and she wanted to go back in the house. She wasn't too sure about the snow at first, but after watching Reid slide down the hill with excitement she decided she wanted to join in on the fun! 



.....


.....
Kisses for mommy! Reid and I had so much fun sledding together! 


.....
He found Kassidy's helmet in the storage building and wanted to put it on. He said he needed it because he was going to go "very very fast."


.....
Adorable little snow bunny!

.....
After LilliAnn rode on the sled for the first time, she looked up at me and said, "dat was so tun mommy! Inna do it again!"

.....

Such a sweet boy!

.....
There's not much better than a snow day with my babies!

.....
It was almost impossible to get Reid off of the sled. After about 20 times down the hill behind Nana and Papa's house, and one cold, worn out mommy with frozen toes and tush, I finally talked him into going inside to warm up by the fire. This day was great...it was almost magical...I played with my kids like I was a kid myself. We were all in good moods with happy spirits that day. These are the days I will cherish forever...the moments that I will ALWAYS hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment