Sunday, March 24, 2013

a bit behind.

I cannot believe that I haven't posted in an entire month! I usually don't print off pictures and I don't do photo albums, so I use this blog as a family scrapbook...kind of like a photo journal for our family... And therefore I don't like to get behind. I already feel like a failure because I didn't do a post about our family cruise to Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel last summer or about our family ski trip to Keystone a couple of months ago. But then I guess that my blog is more than most people have time to do, so I must give myself some credit.

I absolutely LOVE pictures, so most of my posts consist of photos...and lots of them! This is the best way I have found to document our memories. I tried printing off a blog book, but because I post so many pictures, the formatting is off and the captions and spacing are not with the correct pictures. I tried re-formatting the blog book, but then it puts about four pictures per page and the book becomes hundreds of pages long (thus costing hundreds of dollars!). The blog book would be amazing...IF I posted mostly text instead of mostly pictures. Sooooo...if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for a blog book. I would really appreciate your input/suggestions. I may just have to purchase the digital copy of my blog on CD every year...to have for keeps (although I would prefer a hard copy, like a book).

Things have been busy the past few months. LilliAnn is becoming more independent, making for lots of bickering between her and Reid. Some days I feel like all I do is break up fights. I love that they are so close, but having kids two years apart sure does make for more arguing! Currently, they really enjoy working on letters and phonics. They both know the sound that every letter makes, and LilliAnn can write her name AND several letters on her own. Reid's strength seems to be math, and he loves playing NBA 2013 on the PS3 and adding the scores in his head. We're going to Walt Disney World in just two weeks for the kids' birthdays (I promise there will be a post on this!), so we've been watching lots of Disney movies...particularly Cinderella, Snow White, and Beauty & The Beast. I have everything booked and all reservations made (including Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, then dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Cinderella Castle!)...we are ready to go!

I am mid-semester in the graduate level pharmacology class that I am helping teach, so all of my extra time is spent grading research discussions and narrating PowerPoints. I am really enjoying being adjunct faculty at the OU College of Nursing, but it takes a lot of time and it is really hard to work from home with two little ones. I would love to keep teaching, but I think after this semester I will hold off until the kids are older.

In other big news, my dad just expanded his business...meaning that as of May 1 he will begin operating all of the oil wells and managing all of the company. The office will move from Wewoka to Shawnee, and it is going to take all of us to help get things up and running. Since Jeb works for my dad and we own part of the family business, Kelly Cook Oil LLC, this is going to be a big deal for us too! It means lots more responsibility for my dad, but it is necessary to continue to strengthen our business. Most of our summer will consist of putting together an office and working out all of the kinks as we take on this new adventure! More on this to come later...

The next few weeks will be jam packed with Easter and packing for our trip, but I hope to keep up with the blog a little better this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment