Sunday, March 24, 2013

a little spring break weekend.

Last weekend we celebrated the beginning of spring by spending a couple of days in Oklahoma City with our friends from Tulsa, Matt & Julie, and their two kids, Cash & Blair. We met at the OKC Zoo on Saturday morning and the weather could not have been more perfect! 
.....
Reid had a blast! He kept asking me to take pictures of him in different poses. Oh, and he informed me that his favorite animals were the tigers, lions, rhinos, snakes, and bears. 
.....
LilliAnn's favorite part was the playground! This girl LOVES to slide!!
.....
.....
the BEST daddy.
.....
Reid gave me two thumbs up from the swan boat!
.....
.....
precious boy...he's growing up so fast!
.....
This is my favorite image of the entire weekend. Her little curls were falling perfectly and I can just see the little wheels in her head turning through her eyes.
.....
.....
"The knowingness of little girls is hidden underneath their curls."
.....
stylin' in her new Matilda Jane shorties
.....
"two cute" turtles!
.....
.....
.....
My best friend Kari and her niece Kylie spent the day with us as well!
.....
.....
teepee! 
.....
.....
He said, "Mom! Take a picture of me like this!"
.....
Of course we had to have a couple of souvenirs on our way out...Mr. Giraffe and Mr. Tiger are now members of our playroom!
.....
I loved getting to spend the day with two of my very best friends. The three of us have been friends for 18 years! We have stuck together through thick and thin...literally! 
.....
That evening we had dinner at Salt Grass and then headed to the hotel for some swimming. LilliAnn is doing really well in the water. She would go under water and try to swim a little and then say, "That was my very first lesson. Watch, mommy! I learned to swim in my very first lesson!"
.....
.....
Buddies!
.....
.....
.....
.....
Cannonball!!!! 
.....
Our little fish! Reid cannot get enough of the water and started swimming without floaties when he was just 3!  
.....
.....
.....
The next morning we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. The kids have been begging to got to Chuck E. Cheese for the past several months (thanks to all the commercials), so we finally caved and surprised them. They were ecstatic from the moment we pulled into the parking lot! 
.....
LilliAnn enjoyed the "rides," while Reid was more into all of the games...especially the one where you throw balls at the screen to hit targets (surprise, surprise). 
.....
.....
While Reid and I were playing the ball throwing game, Chuck E. Cheese walked out. Reid's eyes lit up and he yelled, "Mom! Look!! Chuck E. Cheese is here! The REAL Chuck E. Cheese!" And he took off after him. He found LilliAnn and said, "Sissy! Look, it's Chuck E. Cheese! He will throw us free tickets like on the commercials!" Chuck E. Cheese played the "Cupid Shuffle" song and my kids immediately started doing the dance. I was shocked at how well they knew the moves. The were soooooo into it! 
.....
.....
Our attempt at a Rollins/Rose Spreak Break 2013 pic!
.....
Next stop...The Science Museum of Oklahoma! I knew Reid was going to love the "Omniplex." We used to go here every year when I was in elementary school and I hadn't been in years. It was much smaller than I remembered (probably because I'm so much bigger now), and there were still some of the same exhibits. We went into the Planetarium to learn about the stars. Reid was in awe of the Milky Way and kept asking questions about it. Our favorite part of the Science Museum was the shadow room. The kids had a blast making all different kinds of silly shadows. And I liked taking pictures of them! 
.....
.....
It was St. Patrick's day, so of course Lil and I would be wearing our green! 
.....
.....
 Don't these boys make the cutest little astronauts?!
.....
.....
.....
Reid thought that this was the "best turkey sandwich ever!"
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
What a fun, family weekend! I must say, we had a very successful SPRING BREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment