Thursday, April 18, 2013

a very "HOPPY" Easter.

Easter weekend was jam packed with lots of fun activities...coloring eggs (twice!), play time with cousins, a glow-in-the-dark egg hunt, and even making tie-dyed shirts with our Easter egg dye mess! We started our Easter celebration by dyeing eggs at Nana & Papa's house. Jeb and I took the kids to Walmart and they got to pick out three egg dyeing kits each. This made for a LOT of Easter egg dye! I was really getting into the egg dye preparation. A little vinegar, a lot of water, a lot of vinegar, a little water...maybe some vegetable oil...I was a mixing and matching fool! 
.....
.....
 And Uncle Kass was there to help! Well...he mostly just ate sunflower seeds and laid in the hammock, but we were still happy to see him! 
 .....
Here's dad...looking pretty pumped for the big egg fest!
.....
 Reid absolutely LOVES Kassidy! When Kass is home, Reid never leaves his side.
.....
 Sis was ready to get busy!
.....
 Reid, like his Uncle Kass, was more into looking cool!
.....
 Jeb....attempting to make a "Cinderella" egg.
.....
And me...trying to make a "K.D." egg.
.....
.....
.....
After we finished our family time in Shawnee, we headed to Wewoka to Cook Compound for some cousin fun! LilliAnn was SO SO SO into dying eggs. She took it very seriously and sat there for over an hour, taking her eggs in and out of the dye cups. 
....
.....
.....
.....
.....
Reid was so proud of his eggs. He would hold up every on of them!
.....
sweet cousins...Lill & Joss have so much fun together!
.....
They are finally getting to the age where they love to play together. It's so fun to watch them play girly things, like baby dolls or cooking. This night, Joss was pretending like she was LilliAnn's baby and LilliAnn would rock her in the little rocking chair. It was so funny!
.....
Sooooooo serious!
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
The kids woke up bright and early on Easter morning to see what the Easter bunny had brought them. Reid wanted to know how he got into our house, so I told him that I thought he had a magic key. Reid wasn't buying it and said, "No, mom. I think he just hops down the chimney like Santa." 
.....
.....
.....
Matching headbands for her and her baby dolls
.....
"A mustache sucker? That's silly!"
.....
snuggle bunnies!
.....
.....
This is Reid's fourth pair of monogrammed Easter pajamas. I am going to keep putting them in patching pajamas until they absolutely refuse! It's so stinkin' cute and I just LOVE pajamas!
.....
After church, we headed to the lake house for our annual cousin Easter egg hunt and lots of good food! I always like to dress the kids in traditional attire for Easter Sunday. My mom found this yellow smocked bishop with baskets of flowers and we had to have it! I just love a little girl in a smocked southern dress on Easter! Beautiful and timeless! And I love this pic of Reid...he looks like a little man.
.....
This must be her serious face.
.....
My baby boy is getting so big...and SO handsome! 
.....
my little loves.
.....
Ok, so this pic cracks me up! I have no idea what she is doing!
.....
vintage LilliAnn.
.....
Put 'em up...we've got some tough Rollins boys!
.....
.....
How handsome are these two? 
.....
.....
.....
.....
He said, "Mom! Take a pic of me and Chloe!"
.....
And of course, she says, "Mom! Me too!"
.....
.....
the first man that I ever loved. And he still has my heart.
.....
.....
So I guess I'm not part of the family anymore? :)
.....
my better half.
.....
Granny Carol brought her famous scalloped potatoes. Which were AMAZING as usual!
.....
Then it was time for a wardrobe change. Time for our Matilda Jane dress to wear for the egg hunt!
.....
.....
.....
She always has that hand on her hip. #sassy
.....
hiding eggs for baby Pierce.
.....
.....
.....
.....
He says, "Make it look like I'm in a Coke commercial." Haha!
.....
.....
Cousin Amy and Lil...teamwork for the egg hunt!
.....
.....
.....
Classic egg hunting pic
.....
.....
"Help! Somebody get this egg out of this tree! I think it has a hundred dollars in it!"
.....
.....
.....
sexy hubby.
.....
counting his loot.
.....
She got a basket full!
.....
....
What a blessed Easter! Thank you Lord, for the gift of your Son! 
.....
"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

Mark 16: 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment