Thursday, January 23, 2014

week 30. (baby #3)

…..
30 week appointment.
January 20, 2014 - Dr. K. Anthony Shanbour (Mercy Hospital, OKC)
  • total weight gained: 26 pounds
  • fetal heart rate: 156 bpm
  • blood pressure: 100/60
I can't believe that I'm already at the point where I'm going to the doctor every 2 weeks! The last few months of this pregnancy have really been flying by! I'm feeling great…the indigestion is surprisingly better…my energy level has bounced back a bit…and my weight gain has slowed down some (for now!). I am starting to feel pressure down low in my pelvic region, and am getting up about 4-6 times during the night to use the restroom! I feel like I need to go to the bathroom every time I stand up! The past couple of days I have noticed a little twinge/shooting pain down into my vaginal area. I started having this feel about 2 weeks before I went into labor with LilliAnn, but hopefully this is just the way the baby is positioned causing some pressure on a nerve. 
LilliAnn was sick with a stomach bug last week, and unfortunately I ended up with it too. It only lasted about 24 hours, and then I was back to eating like my normal, pregnant self again! I had taken my prenatal vitamin and omega-3 fish oil before the vomiting began…you can imagine the taste I had in my mouth every time that I threw up! Gross! The night that I got sick I had my first episode of Braxton-Hicks with this baby. I hadn't been drinking very much water last week and I'm sure I was a little dehydrated. I was having regular contractions every 11 minutes (6 in an hour), and the intermittent pain started in my low back and radiated into my lower pelvic region. It really scared me, so I had my mom come over and stay with me a while. After about 2 hours the pain subsided and I was able to get some rest. I didn't really have Braxton-Hicks with my other two babies, and I'm hoping that last week was one of my only episodes with this baby! 
This baby is still moving a lot…a WHOLE LOT! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling the little flips and kicks, and can even make out little feet and elbows at times! The baby seems to respond to my voice and will push/kick up again my hand when there is pressure on my belly. I've decided to paint the nursery a very light gray whether the baby is a boy or a girl. I have a feeling that the baby is a boy, so I have a few ideas for accent colors in the room. Mom and I are going shopping next week, and I can't wait to get a few baby items! A carseat, stroller (probably the Orbit Baby G2 travel system), Born Free bottles, pacifiers, onesies, diapers/wipes, blankets, a diaper bag, a rocker/glider, and a rug for the nursery are at the top of my list! 

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the G3? It just came out last week! The one thing I don't like about my G2 is the break, it is hard to do barefoot or with flip flops. It looks like they made it easier on the G3. But if you go with the G2 - they are on sale now, I know for sure Pampered Tot had them on sale online last week and they have free shipping/no tax :)

    ReplyDelete