Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reid's 6th Birthday. OKC Thunder.

…..
A couple of weeks ago we had Reid's 6th birthday party. His actual birthday isn't until today, but due to baseball tournaments and scheduling, we went ahead and had his party a little early. He wanted to have an OKC Thunder birthday again this year (we took all of his friends to the Thunder game for his 4th birthday), so we decided to have a basketball party at the Thunder practice gym/training facility in Edmond. It was pouring down rain and hailing that Sunday afternoon and I was afraid that not many people would make the drive from Shawnee, but surprisingly we had a great turn-out! About 16 boys showed up to celebrate Reid turning 6! 
…..
I tried to pick Thunder colored drinks! 
…..
A friend of mine uses a lady in OKC with a cake/cookies business called 3 Monkeys Cakes. I love all of her work on Facebook, so I decided to have her make the cake and cookies. I was THRILLED with how they turned out! 
…..
…..
Reid & his friend Cash, Reid & his cousin Jett
…..
I can't believe he's almost 6!
….. 
…..
…..
 
 …..
Since the baby was born just 3 1/2 weeks before this party (and LilliAnn's party was the weekend before this), I didn't have a chance to get a lot of Thunder decor. I threw this all together last minute, but I think it turned out pretty good considering the circumstances! 
…..
…..
The cake was vanilla and chocolate…and oh so yummy! 
…..
The boys loved taking their picture with the Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook cut-outs! This is Fisher posing for me! 
…..
Reid was most excited about his basketball piñata. We've never done a piñata at any of Reid's birthdays before and he could not wait for it! 
…..
And like they always are…this piñata was a fail. I filled it too full and it broke after only a couple of boys had their turn. Jeb tried to fix it, but we ended up breaking it open and shaking all of the candy out onto the floor! 
…..
The boys didn't mind at all! They had a blast gathering up all of the candy! 
…..
…..
Cute Thunder boys! 
…..
We had a few games planned, but the boys just wanted to play basketball the entire time. 
…..
…..
Baby Pierce even came to tell Reid "Happy Birthday!"
…..
…..
…..
Opening presents is always chaos! All of the boys crowded around the table and each boy kept wanting Reid to open his next! 
…..

I was very happy with how the party turned out, and Reid had an absolute BLAST! I love birthday parties, but I don't love my baby boy growing up so fast! Here's to #6 and a fantastic "next season!"

No comments:

Post a Comment