Friday, January 9, 2015

halloween. 2014

…..
Oh, Halloween…it was THE BEST Halloween. I have always loved this time of year because my birthday is in October and I love any excuse to go all out with costumes! Since we first started doing family costumes when Reid was born, I knew that I wanted to one day to The Wizard of Oz. And then a couple of years ago when I saw the Glinda the Good Witch costume, I knew for sure that we would do it soon. The smallest size that the costume came in was size 4, so I had been planning on doing it this year since she's now in a size 4. Amazingly, we had a new little addition this year, which worked out perfectly for the adorable cowardly lion costume. And ta-da! This is our final product. Lots of internet shopping and three wild kids later, this is the picture that we got. And I absolutely LOVE it!!!
…..
…..
…..
…..
…..
I love that my husband doesn't mind dressing up and having fun! Halloween is always such a good time for our family! 
…..
LilliAnn wanted a "gum ball girl costume" to trick-or-treat in, but $150 later, she decided she really liked her Glinda costume and wanted to wear it instead!
…..
Sweet little lion. He DID NOT like this costume, especially the part that snapped under his chin. I ended up safety pinning it where he couldn't pull the velcro apart, but he wasn't happy about it! 
Reid begged to be "Koba" from Planet of the Apes this year, so I told him that if he would be the tin man for our family costume/pictures, that he could trick-or-treat in his Koba costume.

…..
…..
We hav the best neighborhood for trick-or-treating, and so many of our friends stop by! It's one of the most visited neighborhoods in Shawnee on Halloween! This is our neighbor, sweet Abigail! She's in Reid's class at school and sometimes comes down to play with the kids.
…..
I just can't get over how cute he is! #bestscarecrowever
…..
The kids loved running from house to house getting candy! 
…..
…..
We went trick-or-treating at Reid's Pre-K teacher's house and LilliAnn's teacher, Mrs. Whitefield was  there too! Our babysitter, Jess, is Reid's Pre-K teacher's daughter so we got to see her too!
…..
We love Jess! The kids have so much fun with her!
…..
And she's great with Rush! I call her the "baby whisperer" because she can always get him to sleep for a long time!
…..
Our house on Halloween! I'm pretty fond of this house. Jeb and I bought it right before we got married, and we've brought all three of our children home from the hospital to this house! We're outgrowing it and our new home is in the works, but I'll be bittersweet when we finally leave this house filled with so many memories. 
…..
…..
little miss Glinda the Good!

…..
The scarecrow toted around our little lion all evening long! 
…..
…..
I'm the homeroom mom for Reid AND LilliAnn's classes, so I didn't get many pictures on party day. 
Here's a group pic of LilliAnn's pre-k class:
…..
…..
…..
There wasn't a shortage of goodies for Mrs. Whitefield's class!
…..
Halloween story time
…..
Halloween cupcakes are the BEST!
…..
…..
This is LilliAnn's very best friend, Reese. They have so much fun together! They love sharing lipstick while they're waiting in the pick-up line. <3 p="">
…..
…..
Glinda and Jasmine, A.K.A. LilliAnn and Bella
…..
Mrs. Whitefield and Mrs. Looper are so sweet to my Lil! 
…..
It was wild and crazy running aback and forth between two rooms, but I'm so glad a got a quick pic with my princess!
…..
Reid and the boys!
…..
This is Reid's FANTASTIC teacher, Mrs. Lyle! It's her first year to be a teacher and she's seriously doing an amazing job! The kids love her!!
…..
Reid and Kendall
…..
…..
I had to include these pictures that I took after we finished trick-or-treating. I took off Rush's lion costume and handed him to my dad. He laid his little head on dad's shoulder and INSTANTLY went fast asleep. It was the most precious thing ever.
…..
Looking forward to next year…but I'm not sure that I'll be able to top this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment