Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tornado Basketball. 2015



Reid just finished up an awesome season of basketball! The past two years he's played through the YMCA, but since he was ready for a little more competition this year, we decided to put him on a NCAA team. Even though he's in Kindergarten, he was able to play on the first grade team with all of his baseball teammates...the Shawnee Tornadoes. It was a great experience! There was only one team in their league that could beat them, so they ended the season with a second place trophy. 
.....
.....


.....

.....
.....



.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....
Reid has some mad basketball skills!
I was so impressed with how much his ball handling and shooting has improved from last year.



.....


.....


.....

.....



.....

.....

.....
Proud of these boys!

.....

.....



.....

.....



.....

....
Basketball is currently his favorite sport. He goes out in the driveway to shoot every single day, and if the weather is bad, he shoots in the garage. He has an over-the-door goal in this bedroom, and even one in the hallway right outside of his room. Not a day goes by that I don't hear shooting or dribbling in the house! He absolutely LOVES the game. He came into the living room the other day and looked up at me very seriously and said, "Mom, I really want to be in the NBA." It was the sweetest thing. I asked him what he thought it would take and he replied, "A lot of hard work." We've been reading a book about Michael Jordan and hard work is the main theme. I'm not sure if he'll make the NBA, but I already know that Reid is going to be a hard worker. I'm so proud of my first-born! Dream big, little one.


.....



No comments:

Post a Comment