Tuesday, July 14, 2015

20 Years of SDC Cheers. {LilliAnn}

…..
Dance! Last month was LilliAnn's 5th dance recital! I cannot believe that she's already taken for that long! This recital was extra special because I performed too! It was Seminole Dance Company's 20th Anniversary recital, and several SDC alumni returned to the stage for a funky little jazz/hip hop routine. It was so much fun being a part of the show with my baby girl, and definitely a memory that I'll never forget! 
…..
Lil loves her dance friends! This is her with Carly and Ella.
…..
"The Tooth Fairy Loves Ballet"
…..
 I took most of my performance on rehearsal night because I knew it would be hard to get close-up shots during the actual show. I was so proud of LilliAnn, and the pictures turned out great!
…..
 Such a sweet little tooth fairy!
…..
 This little jump was her favorite part...
…..
 "a magnificent plie" 
…..
 Next up was the tap routine, "LOVE."
…..
 "L" is for the way you look at me!
…..
…..
 shuffle, HOP!
…..
 "take my heart, but please don't break it"
…..
 Miss Darana added a custom SDC photo backdrop this year and we had so much fun using it for pictures!
…..
 LilliAnn and Korbyn! This was Korbyn's very first recital!
…..
And this jazz routine, "Celebrate," was little miss sassy pants' favorite routine! She rocked it out on this one!
…..
…..
 That hip shake was on point!
…..
…..
…..
I could watch her do this dance all day long! I love her faces and how much she got into it!
…..
"surprise face!"
…..
 my precious dancing queen
…..
…..
 When she turned five, she really started to look more like a big girl...
…..
warming up on stage
…..
She's working on that heel stretch to get ready for competition!
…..
trying to do moves like the big girls
…..
On recital day, we went and had her hair done, and then came back to Nana's house to do makeup. Before we left for Konawa (the recital was at Konawa this year due to issues with Seminole's auditorium), I wanted to do a little mini photo session. I am SO glad that I decided to get my good camera out of the car because in only ten minutes I got the BEST pictures! Lil was really working the camera and the lighting was perfect!
…..
…..
…..
…..
my favorite
…..
…..
 …..
I can't get over how beautiful these turned out!
…..
…..
…..
…..
 …..
This is her sweet smile. Isn't it sweet?
…..
…..
Cami helped LilliAnn backstage during recital night. Her older sister, Carson, helped us out last year on recital night, and her mom used to babysit me when I was about LilliAnn's age!
…..
She was so proud of her prizes from Mimi and Papa!
…..
And Mimi and Papa brought mommy flowers too! Can't forget about us old alumni!
…..
Isn't' she stunning? She is more than I ever dreamed of in a little girl.
…..
Lil and Carly
…..
SDC 2014-2015 Pre-K Class
…..
Aspyn is an amazing dancer! LilliAnn can't wait to do competition like her!
…..
A pep talk from the big girls!
…..
Nana love
…..


…..
sweet cousins - Emma and LilliAnn
…..
Some of the SDC alumni! I was the second oldest to perform and had the most kids of the group! Thankfully I nailed the routine and my turns were killer! I stressed about doing turns for two weeks, but thanks to the performance adrenaline, I stuck them when I needed to! 
…..
I absolutely LOVE Darana! It was so fun dancing with her again! And how amazing that my daughter gets to have the same teacher that I once had?!
…..
Celebrating after the finale!
…..
Papa, Nana, and Missy are always there for my children. I am so thankful that my kids have such incredible grandparents. 
…..
And I've said this before, but LilliAnn's teacher is a gem! She came all the way to Konawa to watch LilliAnn dance! We LOVE Mrs. Whitefield!
Papa Kelbo surprised her with her very first charm bracelet! It was Pandora and even had a little ballerina charm. 
…..
…..
It was another fantastic recital in the books, and mommy and daddy could not have been more proud of our tiny dancer. I hope that her love for dance continues to grow. Dance holds a special place in my heart, and I want her to one day learn that dancing is good for the soul <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment