Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Seven is JAWSOME. {Reid's 7th Birthday}

Reid Jackson is a major shark lover! He's always been fascinated with sea life and things related to the ocean, but this year he really started learning a lot about sharks. Now that he's reading, he only wants to read books about sharks, and he can't seem to learn enough cool facts about these majestic water creatures! When he asked for a shark birthday, I knew that a swim party would be perfect! We had the party at my mom and dad's pool the first week of May. Reid wanted to invite all of his friends from school and all of his baseball team, which made for way too many rowdy boys in the pool! They did, however, have the best time…of course there was lots of jumping, splashing, and water gun squirting!
…..
My Aunt Glenda made this amazing shark watermelon for the party! It was definitely a conversation piece and everyone loved it! 
…..
 Basketball in the pool was the most popular thing to do…even over the slide!
…..
…..
…..
 Let's party!
…..
He's my little fish! He's been swimming without floaties since he was three, and he loves diving in the deep end to get things off the bottom. I can't wait to take him diving one day! 
…..
…..
 Shark libo was so much fun!
…..
But they were so competitive!
…..
Daddy even joined in on the fun!
…..
Winners! 
…..
 I've been using this lady in OKC to do my cakes and cookies for about a year now, and everything she makes is delicious! Check out Reid's amazing shark cake! He wanted it really scary with lots of teeth and I don't think it could have been any more perfect!
…..
…..
 It's tough taking a serious picture when you're SEVEN!
…..
…..
My precious 7 year-old boy!
…..
…..
 
…..
…..
 Such an awesome cake!
…..
 Shark Photo Booth fun! 
…..
…..
 The giant shark mural was his favorite decoration! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it when it was light outside. It looked so real!
…..
 I still can't believe he's 7! This was one of my favorite birthday parties yet! He's wanting to go skate for #8, so we'll have to see if we'll be able to top this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment