Thursday, April 7, 2022

Letter to My Birthday Baby Boy: 7 Years Old

.....
My sweet Rush,

    I'm behind on my birthday letters, so I'm writing this a little late. Seven has been the most precious age for you. You have the sweetest and most pleasant personality, and everyone just adores you. You love being outdoors, and on most of our hikes or adventures you'll have your shirt and shoes off...enjoying nature and soaking up your surroundings. You remind me of Mowgli in the jungle book...fun and free spirited. You're not afraid of anything, and you love adventures and to try new things. 
.....
.....
You love basketball and you couldn't wait to have a Michael Jordan birthday party. You're at the age where you are wanting to start hanging out with friends, and we invited several boys to go to Urban Air and then come back to our house to hang out and play. You get along so well with others, and everyone loves to be around you. You started doing some private basketball lessons with Reid, and your ball handling skills are excellent for your age! You love dunking on your little basketball goal, and trying lots of trick dunks. 
.....
.....
.....
You played soccer this year, and you have the fastest feet! You were extremely good at it, but your favorite sports are still wrestling and basketball. You love your Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Wilder, and you say she's "the best teacher ever!" You taught her what being "the goat" means, and she calls you "The Goat!" She loves your heart for the Lord, and introduced you to your new favorite book called "The Three Trees." You love learning about Jesus, and you love being the one to lead us in prayer during our family Bible studies. You are a little sponge and you soak up every little bit of information that you hear!
.....
.....
.....
This is my verse for you for the year...

"...and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”.....
Acts 6:4

My prayer is that you always love to pray and talk to the Lord. I pray that you will always hunger for the Word and enjoy learning about Jesus. I know God has big plans for you in helping to further his Kingdom!
.....
.....
You will always be my baby boy. I love you so very much!
-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment