Thursday, April 7, 2022

Letter to My Birthday Boy: 14 Years Old

.....
.....
Happy 14th Birthday, Reid! You are growing up way too fast on me! You are officially taller than me and passed me up in shoe size a couple of years ago. You're turning into such a handsome young man right before my very eyes and it's so bittersweet. I love how loyal you are to the ones you love and the way you grab your fishing pole and head to the pond on any nice day.
.....
.....
.....
.....
I love how you take care of Rush and always lets him tag along with the "big boys." I love the way you get excited about a new pair of sneakers or a pack or basketball cards. And I adore your determination and perseverance when you set your mind to something you want to achieve. I love your resolve and decisiveness, both of which will serve you well as an adult one day. And I love how you won't back down from something you think is right and how you fight for justice and fairness. 
.....
.....
But most of all, I love your heart for the Lord. Please know that there is nothing that will ever  be more important that growing in the Lord and learning about His character. Prioritize spending time with him and studying his Word, and you will always be blessed.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
.....
.....
As a mother, it's super hard to sometimes watch your children get bigger and not need you as much, but watching you grow, change, learn, and mature is a gift that I will savor and never take for granted. Thank you, Jesus, for my Reid Jackson.
Always, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment