Thursday, April 7, 2022

Letter to My Birthday Boy: 13 Years Old

.....
.....
.....
Reid - my firstborn son and now my TEENAGER,

    You came into this world 13 years ago fast, intense, and upside down. You kicked really hard with your little breech legs and broke my water a full month early! And you've been rocking my world ever since! You are driven, competitive, athletic, intelligent, decisive, and hard-working, but my favorite thing about you is your empathy. You feel deeply for others are are quick to identify needs. I see Jesus in the way you help and befriend others, especially those who are really struggling. I absolutely love that about you.
.....
.....
.....


.....
You love to play sports and XBOX, and you're always up for a challenge, but your favorite thing in the world is spending time outdoors and fishing. Most of your spring and summers are spent near the water looking for lunkers.
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
My prayer for you as you enter this new stage of life as a young man is that you continue to learn more about God and grow in faith and wisdom, so that you will not only become a great fisherman, but a great fisher of men.

And He said unto them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 
Matthew 4:19
.....
.....
I love you so much, Reid Jackson, and I hope your 13th birthday is the best one yet! 
Always and forever - Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment