My dad came by to check out the progress and of course I talked him into helping.
Look who else I talked into helping!
I don't think he thought I was doing a good enough job, so he volunteered to take over. Notice how I'm not in any of the pictures. I became the supervisor of the project :)
Then the project became an even bigger one because once we painted the trim around the door dark chocolate brown, we decided that it would look even better if the shutters were painted to match. Good thing we only had two sets of shutters to paint.
A close up of the first coat of paint on the door
The finished product...almost. Although I loved the color I picked out, it was a little bright and wild so I went over it with a Van Dyke brown glaze. FYI, glaze is not easy to work with and after applying a coat of glaze and wiping it off, then applying another coat of glaze and wiping it off with a brush, then sanding on top of the second coat...we finally got it to look good. Actually it was dad to the rescue. He came over the night before I had Logan's wedding shower at my house and fixed the glaze and sanded the door to try and get the look I wanted. Thanks DAD!
I will add pictures later of the final product with the glaze added. The glaze makes the door look more distressed and tones down the color quite a bit.