Sunday, December 6, 2009

Half Way There!

I really do love being pregnant, but this pregnancy has been a completely different kind of pregnancy than I had with Reid. I don't know if it's because I was busy with school when I was pregnant with Reid and didn't have time to think about the pregnancy much, or if it's because I'm having a girl this time. I still am having a little nausea every few mornings, I've been a lot more tired this time (I'm also chasing a toddler around every day), my back hurts often, I've been extremely emotional, and recently I've been having cramps in my legs at night. One thing that is different, that has been a little scary, is that about 2 weeks ago I had horrible abdominal pain in my mid-lower abdomen that radiated deep into my back and made my stomach tighten. It has happened a total of three times and the third time it was very severe so I went up to St. Anthony's to the labor and delivery department just to make sure everything was ok. It happened the night after Thanksgiving and Jeb and Reid were already asleep. I was getting ready for bed and then the pain started. It was so severe that I got nauseated and began to throw up. The pain was intermittent and happened about 4 times within an hour. I called my mom and she immediately came over and took me up to the hospital. I am going to be honest, there was a moment when the pain was so severe and my stomach felt so tight that I thought I was dilating and that I needed to get somewhere fast or I was going to have this baby. I was hurting so bad that I couldn't even pick out a shirt and didn't even put shoes on! Thankfully, the pain eased up on the way to the hospital and by the time we got to the city it was almost completely gone. Dr. Ryan's resident told me that I wasn't dehydrated and that my urine looked good so it was probably some kind of spasms or that I could be contracting although we didn't really know what had triggered it. The baby's heartbeat was good and I wasn't dilated so we went home with instructions to drink more water and take it easy. Because of this "weird" stomach pain and the leg cramps, I've been taking extra magnesium and drinking more water which has seemed to help.
..........
We saw Dr. Ryan the following Monday for my 20 weeks check-up. I had gained 7 pounds in one month making my total weight gain 14 pounds so far for this pregnancy. I was a little upset that I had gained 7 pounds in a month and so was Dr. Ryan. No more scalloped potatoes, french fries, or cheese dip for me! The baby's heart rate was in the 150 range and my blood pressure was 118/72. We verified that I would be having a repeat c-section and since my due date is April 15, Dr. Ryan said unless my water breaks or I go into labor earlier, we will plan a c-section for around April 9 or so. I would love to have her on April 10 since my birthday is October 10 and Jeb's is June 10 but that's a Saturday and I doubt Dr. Ryan would want to come in on a Saturday to do a scheduled c-section!
..........
Reid doesn't really understand the concept of me having a baby at this point but we have been telling him that there's a baby in my belly and that he's going to have a little sister. He lifts up my shirt and pats my belly and says "baby" or "sissy." It's the sweetest thing ever! I think he'll be a big help when she gets here because he loves to help pick up his toys and he'll even go get a diaper and the wipes for me when he needs changed. As far as girl names go we're still thinking LilliAnn McKenzie, after my great-grandma Lillian McKenzie. I still kind of would like a "R" name like Reid but I just haven't been crazy about any girl "R" names. My mom really likes Raine but I'm so sure about it. Jeb really likes LilliAnn, and it does sound good with KelliAnn so we'll probably go with that one. Grandma McKenzie had such a huge impact on our family, especially my mother and her two sisters, so it really would be a wonderful tribute to her to name my little girl after her.
..........
The front bedroom is completely empty and waiting on the painters to arrive. I've decided to paint the room a cream color with a champage glaze. I'm using Reid's dark brown/espresso Pottery Barn nursery furniture and I'm planning on using a lot of champage, creams, different shades of pinks, and moss green in the room. I still haven't found any bedding that I like but I plan on shopping for it after Christmas is over. Reid is also getting new furniture for his room and I've picked out a dark brown twin bed and bedside table from Pottery Barn and I found the perfect bedding for him on the internet. I can't wait to order all of it after Christmas!
..........
Nursery Inspiration
..........
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment