Saturday, December 26, 2009

I LOVE Christmas cards!

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is getting Christmas cards from friends and family. Doesn't everyone just love running to the mailbox to open up an envelope and find a cute little holiday card or picture? I love it! I also love sending out Christmas cards...a lot of them! I sent out 175 Christmas cards this year! Crazy, I know, but I like to send them to extended family and friends that we don't see very often. I think these are the people that appreciate the cards the most because they get to see how our family has grown since they've seen us last. Next year I hope to send a newsletter with our cards, maybe even in the form of a poem! This year we received a musical card with an old, classic Christmas tune when you opened it and a handwritten note in beautiful, large old fashioned cursive handwriting from Jeb's great aunt. She told us how much she enjoyed getting the cards every year and how she loved seeing the pictures of our family. It really captured the essence of the holidays and made me think of my great-grandmother, Lillian, who loved sending handwritten letters, especially at Christmas time.
~
Christmas Card 2008
~
Christmas Card 2009
~
When I was pregnant with Reid in 2007 I sent out an ultrasound picture with our Christmas card. We didn't know the gender of the baby yet, but I thought everyone would enjoy seeing a sneak peek of our little bundle of joy. This year I also included an ultrasound picture of Little Miss Rollins!
~
Every year I get stressed about taking the pictures, what to wear, the theme of the card, etc... and every year our cards have turned out precious so I don't know why I always worry. I've decided that every year I want our card to have at least one family picture on it as well as some of the kids. Last year I did a bright, fun, card in Christmas colors so this year I decided to do a more elegant card. Next year we'll have a beautiful baby girl to add to the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment