Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning...getting ready to head to the lake to Grandma Lucy's and Papa Glenn's house. We had to take Elmo along because Reid saw a big Elmo while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade so he had to go get his Elmo.
..........
Getting in the car with a "suck" in his mouth
..........
Hangin' out at the lake
..........
..........
..........
This is Grandma's dog, Chloe. She loves Reid so much. He's always giving her hugs and kisses and chasing her everywhere!
..........
..........
All boy...playing in a pile of dirt!
..........
..........
I think he's pouting because someone took off in the Gator and he didn't get to go.
..........
..........
..........
His new boots were a little hard to get around it!
..........
My dad enjoying some of Grandma Lucy's famous noodles
..........
Beautiful cousin Tara
.........
Here are the guys starting the process of making cheese apples. Cheese apples are not really apples, but are cheese balls that have been hand made by our family for generations with our "secret recipe." We've been making cheese apples around Thanksgiving every year for as long as I can remember and it's one of my favorite family traditions. We seem to make more and more every year and give them to friends and special people during the holiday season. I used to not care for them, but as I've gotten older I can't wait to eat them every year!
..........
Jeb decided he needed a little snack to work up some energy to help!
..........
Josh & Lacee
..........
Tyler & Jessie
Karen's getting some Christmas shopping done!
Reid loved watching everyone make the cheese apples and was trying to figure out what we were doing.
..........
Say "CHEESE!" We used to set up about four grinders around a card table and grind all the cheese and "other ingredients" by hand. Now we've moved up with the times and we use my Uncle Terry's electric grinder to grind the cheese. It's so much faster and nobody's arms get tired...except for the people who are doing the mixing!
..........
Checking all this out
..........
..........
Audri says "cheese please!"
..........
Jett says "cheese!"
..........
Everyone joined in to help
..........
and of course, Reid wanted in on all the action!
..........
..........
Tyler ready to lend some helping hands
..........
Aunt Glenda doing the mixing
..........
Papa Glenn...The Supervisor! (he's made many a cheese apple in his day!)
..........
Next we were off to another Thanksgiving at Jeb's dad and step-mom's house
..........
Lacee and I spend all the holidays together on both sides of the family since we're cousins AND sister-in-laws!
..........
..........
..........
..........
Our final stop of the evening was my Aunt Johnna's house to have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family
..........
Mom, writing what she's thankful for in our "Thankful book"
..........
Pretty cousin Mica, entertaining the children
..........
It was a wonderful busy day filled with amazing food and wonderful family. We couldn't have asked for a more blessed Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such a close, loving family on my side and my husband's side. My family is such a huge part of my life and I love all of them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment