Monday, October 21, 2013

Introducing #3.

About seven years ago, just a few months before Jeb and I got married, we were in the car talking about the future like most young couples do. I remember one of us saying, "On the count of 3, say how many kids you want to have. 1, 2, 3" ........ both of us said, "3." After we found out our second was going to be a girl, we decided that was it. No more kids. We had a beautiful, healthy boy and a beautiful, healthy boy...what more could be want? But I'm not going to lie...I thought about a third child daily. I knew in my head that two was the "right" decision. It was the best decision financially...there was one parent for each child...we could give them each plenty of attention...I could go on and on. But in my heart, I longed for a third child daily. I just felt like our family wasn't finished, but struggled with thoughts about the baby having health problems, financial strain, lack of attention, three being an "uneven" number, and my sanity as a mother of three. Thankfully, God is bigger than all of those things that I worried (and still worry) about. Come March, The Rollins Ruckus will be welcoming our third child. I had set a deadline that if I did not have a third child by July 2013, then I was NOT having anymore children. On this "last month," without us even trying, God surprised us with a third blessing. I now know it was the Holy Spirit tugging on my heart when I would have those feelings about another child. The shock has subsided and we could not be more excited about our new little one. And I am thrilled to share this journey with you.
.....
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment